Campfire Club Friday - 2017 Weekly Series: Piers Faccini
CAMPFIRE CLUB RETURNS FOR 2017:Every Friday from May to September
A concert like no other… unamplified, outdoors and round a fire; surely this is the only way to really hear music.
Since the dawn of song, by the flickering embers and starry skies all walks of man and woman have gathered in song and celebration, to tell the stories and while away an evening. This is how it was, and at London’s Campfire Club, how it still is; acoustic, intimate. Every Friday from late spring right through to autumn we indulge you in the specially sourced talents of local and itinerant musicians from all over the world, nestled in several secret secluded leafy pockets of inner city London. Bringing the Nest Collective’s finest choices of artistry from the realms of folk, traditional and world music right through to contemporary song makers. Those that find it know something very magical is being felt and heard.
Keeping the campfire alive will be Nest Collective hosts and live music from some very special guests. Season’s acts include:
Rachel Sermanni | Samana | Kaia Kater | Piers Faccini | Bush Gothic | Kentucky Cowtippers | TEYR | Leon Rosselson | L’Hijaz Carr | Kit Hawes & Aaron Catlow | Kusanganisa AND MORE
WATCH THE MINI FILM!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGY_rrLTkIo
**Please Note: The concerts are all outside and all weather affairs thus full waterproofs are highly recommended and warm clothes. If the event is cancelled, we will be in touch regarding how to apply your purchased ticket to an alternative Campfire Club concert.
A full bar will be stocked with home-made wines, ciders, ales and the odd drop of mead too!
>> 15th September – Campfire Club <<
£8 Adv | £10 OTD
Crossing and blurring musical boundaries is an art form for Piers Faccini. Treading the frontiers which delineate one country from another, Faccini finds his inspiration in the cultural ambiguity of borderlands. If his songs were maps, they’d stretch from the English moors to the Saharan dunes via the plains of the Mediterranean.
Over six acclaimed albums, Leave No Trace (2004), Tearing Sky (2006), Two Grains of Sand (2009), My Wilderness (2011), Between Dogs & Wolves (2013) and Songs Of Time Lost (2014) Faccini has toured his music worldwide, recording and collaborating with numerous musicians and singers including Ballake Sissoko, Vincent Segal, Ben Harper, Rokia Traore, Patrick Watson and Ibrahim Maalouf amongst others.
Piers Faccini’s most recent album Songs of Time Lost was in NPR’s top ten world music albums of the year as well as Songlines top 10 albums of 2014
I Dreamed An Island is the personal quest of a British songwriter living in southern France, a voyage towards an imagined haven through the storms of fear and intolerance brewing around the world. Sung mostly in English but in French, Italian dialects and Arabic, too, the album is an impassioned celebration of cultural diversity and pluralism.
Searching for a bygone golden era when coexistence and religious tolerance once prevailed, Faccini found a model for his utopian haven in 12th Century Sicily. At the crossroads of Western, Arabic and Byzantine influence, the island briefly flourished as the most enlightened and advanced society in medieval Europe.
I Dreamed An Island is a modern reimagining of that unique moment of creative cohabitation between peoples and faiths. Inspired by traditions centuries old – but firmly 21st Century in its blending of languages, narratives and instrumental arrangements – electric guitars converse across time with a Baroque viola d’amore, while an oud answers a medieval psaltery and a Moroccan guembri pulses trance-like to the drums.
The balance of tradition and innovation, intimate vocals and plaintive cello is perfect – a splash of wintry sunshine.”
|Advanced Ticket||19:00 - 23:00||£10.00|
Campfire Club - Secret Location TBC
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, we will be in touch regarding how to apply your purchased ticket to an alternative Campfire Club concert.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.