A SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY - THE MUSIC OF DORIS DAY / LOUISE MESSENGER
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
Back in the 80’s when her peers were obsessed with the Moonwalk and Madonna, Louise Messenger was running around the back garden, pretending to be Calamity Jane. Finding an affinity with the Hollywood Dream Boat, from Day’s voice, songs, costumes, and joie de vivre, come and absorb the passion and magic of Messengers show and leave a D.D. fan yourself, (if you ain’t one already!)
Making it’s London debut, we’re so happy to stage this previously, sold out show at Toulouse Lautrec. So, come and enjoy the thrill of it all and book now!
★★★★ 1/2 "Louise Messenger is a superb performer: she’s funny, energetic, sassy, talented, engaging and has a stunning voice." The Upside News
★★★★ 1/2 "One of the best ways to while away an hour or so is to listen to some tunes being sung by a great singer with a great band. A Sentimental Journey is that sort of show." Glam Adelaide
Robin Harris - Piano
Mez Clough - Drums
Phil Donnelly - Double Bass
About Louise Messenger
Louise is an Australian born, London based Jazz/Contemporary vocalist. With a love of all things swing, her greatest influences are Carmen McRae, Ella Fitzgerald, Doris Day, Keely Smith and the Boswell Sisters. As well as classic standards, she is always seeking tunes that are a little left of centre, and loves to bring back to life songs from Tin Pan Alley and the Great American Songbook that have been forgotten in the jazz canon.
GENRES: JAZZ / CABARET / THEATRE SHOW
TICKETS: STANDARD £18 | ON THE DOOR £25
Doors: 7:00pm / Show: 8:30 - 11:00pm
|20:30 - 23:00||£18.00|
Show: 8:30 - 11:00pm<p>via Private YouTube Link</p>
|20:30 - 23:00||£10.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
2) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
3) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
4) Seating is allocated and based on first come, first served. Please arrive before start time to be guaranteed seating.
5) Once the show has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
6) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.