16 SEP | Campfire Club 2016 | Alice Zawadzki
- No reviews.
- Campfire CLub
You’re invited to join in the Campfire Club! In time-honoured fashion we will gather around roaring blazes enveloped in music and entertainment. High spirits will be maintained with good ol’ sing-a-longs, storytelling, special guests and who knows what else. Every fire will be a unique event with a magic concoction of spontaneity, rare talents and the unknown, all drenched in the sepia tones of firelight and tinged with wooded aromas.
Sitting somewhere between the pith and pathos of folkloric music, classical lyricism and spacious jazz, the latest project from celebrated vocalist-violinist Alice Zawadzki presents luminous settings of songs inspired by mankind’s age-old fascination with the moon. Brought to life by the multi-hued, kaleidoscopic sounds of guitarist Alex Roth, and the profound sonority of Alice Purton’s cello, their radiant original songs and unique settings of lunar-themed material are at once as solacing as they are quixotic, and represent chamber jazz at it’s most effervescent and romantic.
“She is a genuine original with a pure, pealing voice that can darken into brooding low tones, and twist with the flexibility and harmonic awareness of a jazz singer. She is also a composer of gliding, melodically unorthodox tunes that connect to contemporary classical music as much as jazz or pop, and an expressive lyricist.” The Guardian
Alice’s diverse background and striking ability to perform across genres while retaining her own intelligent and expressive musical style give her a unique accessibility. Recently nominated for Vocalist of the Year at the Jazz FM Awards, her music has been played on Jazz FM (Chris Philips’ Blueprint show) and BBC Radio 3 (Jez Nelson’s Jazz on 3 show), who made her acclaimed debut album, China Lane, their album of the week.
“When you hear her you will be transported into her world” Jamie Cullum
Campfire Club 2016 Series
|19:00 - 22:30||£8.00|
Glengall Wharf Garden London SE15 6NF
South Bermondsey (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.