RANDE's Cena Subterránea
3 & 4 August: Rainbow Laundrette, Dalston
Yep - a real live, fully working Laundrette! They're closing early for the evening to open up and become RANDE Pop Up!
8 August: The George Tavern, Stepney Green
This old tavern is absolute magic. Haunted by the likes of Chaucer and Kate Moss and lit only by candle. The most amazing and magical of pubs.
6 September: RANDE HQ, Dalston
This is a test kitchen at RANDE HQ - our little lofted mews. Come and test some of our upcoming dishes!
14 & !5 September: Secret Location in London
Promises to be very special indeed!
Recent review: “A buddy and I went along and thought the whole event was awesome! Really cool venue superb food funky bunch of people overall it was a great alternative experience vs hitting up “yet another traditional restaurant”. Can’t want for another event.” -Anonymous Guest
RANDE is a Mexican pop up restaurant exploring life beyond tacos and winding up somewhere between the traditional and inventive side of the cuisine. We’re talking labour intensive moles served with melt in your mouth pork tenderloin and perfectly puffed, inflatadas stuffed with homemade foams that will bring a tear to your eye. And all these tasty morsels are magically conjured in the makeshift kitchens of London’s hidden and forgotten nooks; laundromats, victorian boiler rooms and deserted warehouses are among the favourites.
For diners, the adventure starts as they walk down the road, timidly searching for this odd venue and getting a little bit lost along the way. They fumble through the door and find a party awaiting. They search for their group and bond with strangers who are equally perplexed by the evening they have embarked on. Communal tables are slow filled and diners are presented with four courses of Mexican delights.
And who dreams up these lunacies? The RANDE team is a group of renegades and dreamers - none of whom have stepped foot in a professional kitchen prior to RANDE’s inception four years ago. They take tequila shots and orders from their fearless (mad?) leader, Randy - also with zero culinary training but a hell of a lot of imagination … and cajones.
This is a dining experience unlike any other. Must be seen to be believed.
An Ode to DF Street Food
spicy mango laced with citrus, toasted coconut and fresh herbs
a dream on these hot summer days
a perfectly puffed and extremely delicate tortilla filled with sliced filet steak, homemade caper, chive aioli, and a mysteriously delicious micro coriander salad. Vegetarian substitute is equally delicious
a complex, spicy/sweet, very traditional Mexican sauce served with slow cooked, sous vide pork tenderloin accented with garlic thyme. Vegetarian option with aubergine
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.