- No reviews.
- The Mix
IS GLENN ALONE IN HIS ESCAPADES AROUND THE WORLD OR IS THERE AN UNSEEN COMPANION TRAVELLING WITH HIM DURING THESE ADVENTURES? IS IT AN INNER MONOLOGUE OR A HECKLING DEMIGOD? 'WOOL’S NEW SHOW IS A MASTERPIECE OF COMEDY, WHICH HAS THE AUDIENCE HELPLESS WITH LAUGHTER. I GENUINELY THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST HOURS OF COMEDY I HAVE EVER SEEN' ***** (KATE COPSTICK, SCOTSMAN)
a cleverly subversive comedian, because behind his shaggy hangdog looks and his apparently homespun humour lies a sharp intelligence which is slowly and quietly hitting the mark on several of the important issues of the day.
Wool tackles a wide range of subjects from religious fundamentalism to current world politics and does it in such a way that you hardly notice that that is what you are listening to.
Not hardcore political comedy, but maybe all the more effective for being presented in a language the average layman can understand.
Glenn is a regular TV face having made appearances on John Olivers New York COmedy Show (USA), 7DAYS (NZ), Melbourne Comedy Gala (AUS), Funny as Hell (HBO/CAN) Russell Howards Good News (UK), Never Mind The Buzzcocks, The BBC Stand Up Show, The Live Floor Show, 28 Acts in 28 Minutes and The Comic side of Seven Days for the BBC. The World Stands Up, Comedy Blue and Edinburgh and Beyond for Comedy Central, He continues to be a regular in Comedy Cuts, the comedy show from ITV2. Glenn also wrote and starred in What's The Story?' broadcast on Channel 4 as part of the Comedy Lab season.
Podcasts are familiar to Glenn too having recently been on Marc Marons WTF?, Richard Herrings As It Occurs To Me, Graham Clark & Dave Chumka's STOP PODCASTING YOURSELF and for Radio Political Animal and 28 Acts in 28 Minutesfor BBC Radio 4 as well as headlining 4 at the Store (R4) and The Late Night Comedy Show for Radio 1.
“Effortlessly funny with an affability that other comics can only dream of – You have to go and see Glenn Wool” The Guardian
"Edgy, imaginative, funny and original, Canadian born Wool sets the standards at the fringe” Daily Telegraph
“Nobody could be much funnier” The Independent on Sunday
EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EARLYBIRD
|20:30 - 21:30||£5.00|
|20:30 - 21:30||£12.50|
Russell Square Camden WC1B 4JA
Russell Square (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.