Luminosity | An Abstract Drawing Workshop
- No reviews.
- Tom Dixon
A new series of workshops taking place within the stunning Tom Dixon shop and lead by Dan Whiteson, an artist and teacher, and owner of FreeForm Life Drawing (Life Drawing at Village Underground, Sotheby's, The Exhibit, The Wallace Collection). Inspired by the beauty and unpredictability of Tom Dixon’s innovative practise, this unique experience is suitable for all levels, and will allow attendees to understand and explore composition in drawing practise, before making their own abstract drawing under Whiteson's expert guidance.
After a brief introduction to both Dixon’s legacy and the history of abstract painting and drawing, you will begin your creative process by exploring the shop – taking time to observe, draw or use your phone to photograph the iconic products in situ; focussing on light and luminosity to record the reflections and abstractions found within their forms. After you have found your inspiration, Whiteson will guide you through the process of translating your images into a final composition, before adding colour or marks to complete your masterpiece.
All attendees will be offered a 20% discount in the Tom Dixon shop after the workshop. No previous experience is necessary. All drawing materials and tuition included in the price. You are welcome to bring along your own materials.
Ticket includes full tuition and all drawing materials
|11:00 - 13:00||£15.00|
Tom Dixon, 4-10, Bagley Walk Arches, Coal Drops Yard, London, N1C 4DH
King's Cross St. Pancras (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.