- No reviews.
Cake Class: 3.5 hrs - 160 (group)
Fail safe recipe
Correct weighing and measuring
How to adapt the recipe for a variety of flavours
What to do if your mixture curdles
The perfect technique for light, fluffy icing
How to check the cakes are perfectly cooked
Using a cake cutter to size your layers correctly
How to fill your cake
Creating a ‘crumb coat’ to contain the crumbs
The RiGHT way to fill a piping bag
How to pipe ruffles on the sides and top of your cake
You will leave the class with a 6 inch layer cake
During this lesson we will cover step-by-step techniques, which will be fully explained so that you never again need to worry about anything from the mixture curdling to scaling up your recipe for a larger cake. Xanthe will ensure that your every query is covered.
You will learn everything from when it is necessary to sift flour to what kind of sugar you should use and how to adapt the recipe to create countless variations.
While your cake is baking we will show you how to produce a delicious buttercream to fill and ice your cake with.
Once it has cooled you will be taught how to use a cake wire to ensure that all your layers are even before icing it with a ‘crumb’ coating.
You will then learn how to pipe stunning ruffles around the sides of the cake, using a professional cake turntable, before creating beautiful, buttercream rose decorations
This class will equip you with all the knowledge and confidence that you need to tackle most large and layer cakes.
|Standard||14:00 - 17:30||£160.00|
Brickfields, 68a, Eynham, London, W12 0HA
White City (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.