Bare those pointy gnashers, the carnivore in you is about to get some serious satisfaction. The pop-up masters of meat at HotBox have found a permanent den to smoke up some beefy specials all year round in the biggest smoke of them all, London. Herding in some drippingly juicy meaty pleasures, HotBox…
Adriana Cavita Hotbox London Takeover
Ex El-Bulli chef Adriana Cavita takes over Hotbox from 12th October for series of dinners: Maiz, Humo y Tradición
The upcoming event on Monday 12th October will see famed Mexican-born chef Adriana
Cavita takeover the kitchen at Hotbox Shoreditch to showcase the very best of Mexican cuisine.
Adriana has developed her own approach to traditional Mexican cuisine over many years, her
work in professional kitchens began in globally renowned institutions such as El Bulli and Pujol.
The event will begin at 7pm, with a unique tasting menu created by Adriana herself, alongside
drinks pairing from LVMH, including Tommy’s Margaritas made with Ojo de Dios Mezcal and a
Moet & Chandon reception. The menu is modelled around the dishes Adriana grew up eating
with family in Mexico City and the ingredients she loves, hence the title in Spanish; Corn,
Smoke and Tradition. Corn, avocados, lime, guajillo, pasilla, morita, tomatillos, beans, peanuts,
pork and fish inspire this homage to Mexico. Star dishes that Adriana’s has honed for many
years include Conchinita Pibil - a slow roasted pork dish from the Yucatan that involves
marinating the meat in citrus for many hours and Costilla de Res - beef rib smoked for many
hours, served with a dry Guajillo rub. The rich dark chocolate dessert will be paired with a
Hennessey Coffee Brew serve.
Adriana worked alongside Enrique Olvera at Pujol, currently ranked at #12 in The World’s 50
Best Restaurants - famed for its ongoing revolutionary approach to Mexican cooking, which
Adriana cites as key in shaping her approach to food. There, she moved to work with Eduardo
Garcia at Lalo! in Mexico City and followed him to work as Head Chef at Peyotito in both
London and Ibiza.
The event is the beginning of a partnership between Adriana and Hotbox, Adriana’s food is
often cooked over charcoal, celebrating the flavour profiles brought by char and smoke. The
kitchen at Hotbox is built for this kind of cooking and the open nature of the dining room allows
guests to see the process behind the food.
A unique opportunity to sample this chef’s journey through Mexico in the industrial former
gallery space that is Hotbox, the event on Monday 12th October will be the first in a series to be
announced later in the year.
This will be a ticketed event with limited spaces, tickets are available to purchase here, the
menu is £50pp. The full menu is below.
MAIZ, HUMO Y TRADICIÓN.
A Journey through Mexico
Guacamole | Crushed Avocado, Pico de Gallo, Blue Corn Chips
Infladitas | Crab Salad, Yellow Beets, Roasted Salsa Verde, Tortilla Shell
Tostada de Atún | Sashimi Grade Tuna, Salsa Macha, Avocado Salsa, Ginger & Soy
Ceviche Citrus | Sea Bass, Mandarin, Grilled Cucumber, Mint, Sea Buckthorn
Esquites | Charcoal Corn Husk, Grana Padano, Jalapeño
Cochinita Pibil in Banana Leaf | Slow Cooked Sucking Pig, Axiote & Orange Marinade, Black
Beans, Pickled Onions, Habanero Crema
Pescado Zarandeado | Red Adobo, Orange, Lime, Salsa Verde
Costilla de Res | Oak Smoked Beef Short Rib, Guajillo Dry Rub, Lime Cured Jalapeño, White
Chargrilled Mexican Vegetables
Grilled Nopales Salad
Coulant Aux Xocoatl | Mexican Dark Chocolate Pudding, Berries, Figs, Tejate Ice Cream
cooked over Charcoal
LVMH Drinks Pairing
Mezcal Tommy’s Margarita w/ Ojo de Dios
Glenmorangie & Belvedere cocktails for mains (dont have them yet)
Henessy coffe brew cocktail for dessert
@hotboxldn | 46-48 Commercial St, Spitalfields, London E1 6LT
Adriana Cavita Hotbox Takeover
Maiz, Humo y Tradición. A journey through Mexico
|19:00 - 22:00||£50.00|
46 Commercial Street, E1 6LT
Aldgate East (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.