Tasty drinks, delicious British inspired food & a training kitchen which helps the homeless develop skills and motivation to find employment through an apprenticeship program. If you are looking a unique venue, look no further - Brigade has something for all. With an all-day food and drinks offer…
SECRET SUPPER CLUB PRESENTS: JAMES GOLDING
- No reviews.
- The Brigade
About the Social Diner
The Social Diner is a gourmet secret supper club with a social purpose. We invite an extraordinary chef to cook alongside our apprentices at our social enterprise restaurant, Brigade restaurant in the past. Brigade trains people affected by homelessness to work in hospitality and catering and has employed over 150 people as apprentices.
We're excited and thrilled to have the fantastic James Golding, Chef Director overseeing THE PIG group will be hosting the night with us. James will be cooking a set course menu alongside with Simon Boyle the chef founder of Beyond Food and Brigade and our current apprentices at a secret location in London. All profits will fund our training programmes for people affected by homelessness.
The Savoy Hotel first employed James while still just a student on the Specialised Chef course. Within 3 years he had completed all sections at the Savoy and had a firm grasp of Classical French cooking. In 1998 James was offered Demi Chef de Partie at Le Caprice working under Mark Hix and later Elliot Ketley.It was during the next 7 years James’s love for British seasonal produce began to present. Truffles, foie gras and caviar were happily exchanged with elvers, lamb’s kidneys, Dorset cockles and snipe.
In 2006 James returned to his home on the south coast as both a seasoned chef and new father. James’s work began to take on inspiration from the region and it’s unique produce from both forest and sea. Throughout these years James love for seasonal British food never wavered and in 2006 he returned to the UK where he became head chef at Harbour Heights. In 2011 James became head chef of THE PIG and is instrumental in the walled garden and with the foraging too. In 2014 James became Chef Director overseeing THE PIG group.
This is a one-off event and tickets are limited. Onced purchased ticket, the location will be informed.
Drinks will then be available to purchase.
Please let us know dietary requirements in advance.
set course menu
|19:00 - 22:30||£65.00|
139 Tooley Street SE1 2HZ
London Bridge (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.