A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and is home to Angel's most buzzing and beautiful…
NEON NAKED LIFE DRAWING | OLD QUEENS HEAD | ANGEL
- The Old Queen's Head
Come to the Old Queens Head for our fantastic Neon Naked Life Drawing workshop!
Join us in Angel for an evening of vibrant, artistic fun. Like no other, the neon life drawing class uses reactive art materials, drawing radiant, colourful life models.
Classes are often on Monday evenings, from 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM, and Saturday afternoons from 1:30 PM and 3:30 PM.
SATURDAY BRUNCH! Book tickets here!
Sat 23rd Sept
Sat 7th Oct
Sat 21st Oct
Sat 4th Nov
Sat 18th Nov
The nearest tube is Angel Station.
Once a month on a Monday the first class will be NOT Fully Naked and will be open to all ages.
Info is at the bottom of the page.
This class explores creativity. Moving away from the perfectionist teachings of traditional life drawing. Trying out several different image-making techniques from continuous line drawing to pointillism, the artists are encouraged to think outside the box and create something new.
As described in Time Out Magazine 'It might look like a Full Moon party, but this evening of sketching is an experiment in light, colour, and texture. The models become ‘living sculptures’ covered in UV lights and reactive body paints. Trippy.'
Neon Naked Life Drawing is a unique experience that specialises in creating unusual and expressive designs using vibrant and bold living sculptures. Combining UV light and reactive body paints with hand-crafted flamboyant accessories it's easy to get the creative juices flowing.
The class experiments with colour, light, and texture. Lots of short poses ranging from 6 to 10 minutes. Different drawing styles are explained beforehand.
Art supplies are provided however please feel free to bring your own. With essentials such as pencils, paper and drawing boards. Also, fluorescent glowing neon pastels and highlighters to make your art pop!
No experience is needed. Help is always available if you get a challenging pose.
It's fun and friendly with a chilled out atmosphere. A great evening out if you want to try something new. Perfect for a date, hanging with friends from work, birthdays, and hen parties.
All designs and accessories are created by Jylle Navarro who has been specialising in UV reactive materials and multi-disciplinary art for many years.
For more information on the Old Queens Head - www.theoldqueenshead.com
Time Out says 'A right royal boozer with more trimmings than one of its own Sunday roasts: gigs, film screenings, comedy, DJs and, obviously, loads of lovely liquids..'
No refunds are available however you can gift / exchange tickets to any future events at the same location. For large group bookings please get in touch.
Add- Ons are available to buy in the ticket section. You don't need these for the event however you can get them to add an extra glow to your experience.
- Neon Face Paint. Want to also get some glowing paint on. Buy these.
- UV Torch. Get one and take it home so you can show your housemates how your artwork glows.
- Neon Naked custom UV reactive beanie.
- Neon Naked T-Shirts.
- Neon Zip-Tie Queen Headband.
- Neon Liquid Chalk Marker Pens.
- Neon Oil Pastels Set.
- A4 Black Paper Sketchbook.
- A3 Black Paper Sketchbook.
- A4 Holographic Silver Rainbow Card
Always let the tutor know at the start of the class about your purchases.
You could also check out our Amazon Recommendations.
NOT Fully Naked Class
The model will be wearing a bikini and accessories.
The class will be taught in the same way.
Photos will be allowed.
Any Under 18's are only allowed on these dates and must be accompanied by an adult.
They must leave the venue by 8 PM.
Monday | 6:30 PM - 8 PM
Please arrive early.
6:30 PM to 8 PM.
|18:30 - 20:00
Monday | 8:30 PM - 10 PM
Please arrive early.
8:30 PM to 10 PM.
|20:30 - 22:00
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.