Música Noche - residents Russell Penn, Adrian Spurdon & Neil Thornton with very special guest Al Mackenzie (Field Of Dreams) Musica Noche return with another special party @ the Horse on Groom where the emphasis is always on quality guests joining the trio on Friday 9th March we are delighted to welcome...
AL MACKENZIE (FIELD OF DREAMS) Al Mackenzie has been djing and making music for the best part of 30 years now, having residencies in the early 90s at London’s Brain Club and the legendary Love Ranch, then having worldwide chart success with his band D:ream in the mid nineties, finally moving to Birmingham where he started his own night, Retroforward, eventually buying his own venue and running that for a few years. Fast forward to 2018, Al has resurrected Retroforward, booking such guests as Mark Seven, Idjut Boys, Joe Morris & Pete Herbert and his new ‘band’, Field Of Dreams, have vinyl releases on Pleasure Unit, Clandestino and their own label due out before summer. Their remix of Les Crocodiles’ La Nuit Des Tropiques has been championed by Andrew Weatherall and Sean Johnson at their popular ALFOS nights and is receiving critical acclaim from all corners. He has a summer residency at The Great outdoors in Birmingham and bookings confirmed in Europe and Australia later this year, including the Alfresco festival in Marseille, France. Whilst not liking to be pigeon-holed musically, Al generally plays house music, whether funky, techno, electronic or whatever, throwing whatever takes his fancy on the night! Check his productions and dj mixes/radio shows here https://soundcloud.com/fieldofdreams https://www.mixcloud.com/d_ream/ https://www.facebook.com/fieldofdreamsmusic/ https://www.facebook.com/RetroForwardisback/
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
This venue serves Pub Food, Burgers, Bar Snacks, Vegetarian Friendly and European food.
A word from the chef:
Burgers and Balls are a fun new pop up from Finn and Robert Smit, two Dutch brothers who nearly fell out when trying to decide with what they should do a burger concept or more traditional Dutch Krokets business. Luckily they where able to see through the madness and created Burgers and Balls!