Starting in January, celebrate the greatest jazz albums of the twentieth century at The Jazz Cafe.
We are teaming up with our cities more talented young jazz musicians, to recreate classic releases from Charlie Parker, Dave Brubeck, Miles Davies and much more.
This week sees the turn of Miles Davis' Kind of Blue.
It difficult to express the importance of this trumpeter’s/ composer’s influence to the world of jazz. Miles Davis’s career spanned over 5-decades and saw him introduce many major stylist developments. He was born in Illinois, but much like a lot of other jazz greats didn’t find his footing within the world until he moved to New York in the 1940’s where he started performing with Charlie Parker.
In 1959 and now with Columbia Records, Davis recorded what is widely regarded as his most triumphant album Kind of Blue with his then working sextet. The album has gone to become the highest selling jazz album of all time, going quadruple platinum. It was further honoured by the house of representatives in December 2009 when they voted 409 – 0 in favour of naming the album as a national treasure.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.