Walking London's brewery heritage: Porters, peers and pilgrims
Join renowned London beer writer and expert Des de Moor for a fascinating walking tour rediscovering the days when the UK capital was also the world capital of brewing. Starting on the the edge of the City, admire the Victorian splendour of Whitbread and the original Truman's, see where porter was perfected, cross iconic Tower Bridge with views of Courage, see the site by Shakespeare's Globe where the Barclay Perkins draymen attacked the Austrian Butcher and finish with a pint at the Borough's last historic coaching inn, close to London Bridge station. Essential for anyone fascinated by London's history and heritage and the story of beer. A leisurely walk of approximately five miles (8 km) taking about three hours. Note we visit heritage sites, not working breweries. Promoted jointly with London Brewery Tours.
Old Street EC1Y 1BE
Old Street (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.