Something A Little Different, Theatre/Arts, Walks & Tours, Classes
A Guided Tour of Brompton Cemetery with Robert Stephenson
London historian, folklorist and gravestone expert ROBERT STEPHENSON leads a special tour to meet the famous and infamous residents of one of the country's finest cemeteries.
Following a Sunday stroll along colonnades modelled on St Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City, you will have the chance to inspect the mysterious Egyptian Courtoy Mausoleum, built by the eccentric Victorian inventor, Sam Warner (which is rumoured to house a time machine) and visit the grave of Keats’s muse Fanny Brawne, suffragette Emmeline Pankhurst and John Wisden, founder of the eponymous cricketing almanack, as you wander amongst the 35,000 burial plots.
Each ticket includes a 20% donation towards a host of restoration projects at Brompton Cemetery.
Robert Stephensonis a qualified City of London Culture and Heritage guide and a trustee at Kensal Green and Brompton cemeteries. He teaches on London and death studies. Robert is also chairman of the National Federation of Cemetery Friends.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.