As the 4th of July approaches battles lines are being drawn, appetites are being stretched and elasticated waistbands are being fitted into trousers all in honour of The Big Easy's Rib-Eating Competition. Ten guys and gals will test their mettle by seeing just how many racks of ribs they can eat in 30 minutes. The current record is 7 racks so it's bound to get a bit messy! Once the time is up, judges will count the bones and award the winner with a £100 Big Easy voucher as well as their name up in the wall of fame and the coveted rib-eating crown. Entry is free but limited so make sure to sign up ASAP.
The competition kicks off at 6pm but if you just want to go along and soak up the buzzing atmosphere at the best barbecue and crabshack around town, you can take advantage of the great Independence Day food specials on offer. Opt for an all-you-can-eat BBQ rib, chicken and slaw feast called the 'Big Pig Gig' plus a beer for just £14.95. A lobster roll, fries, salad and frozen margarita are only £19.50 as well.
Live music starts up at 8pm and the party is sure to last until the early hours at this fun-time bar and restaurant. Help yourself to get in the party spirit and celebrate the 4th of July with a bang by ordering one of their specially concocted drinks. Sip on a classic red, white and blue margarita or knock back a '4th July' or 'Firecracker' shooter.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Medial Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employeers are expressely released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.