Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
Sunday Soul Christmas Lunch with Polly Gibbons
- No reviews.
- Boisdale of Canary Wharf
As an iconic Live Music British Restaurant, we make a Sunday Roast a much more exciting venture!
End your weekend with friends and family with a scrumptious 3-course Sunday lunch and a fantastic atmosphere, all accompanied with Soul and Motown music.
Championing the Great British roast, Boisdale selects some of the very finest Scottish beef for the stunning centrepiece of the new menu. An 18-hour slow roast dry-aged rib of beef, Yorkshire pudding, goose fat roast potatoes, heritage vegetables, red wine gravy is undoubtedly some of the highest quality meat available in the capital.
For those looking for an alternative to the full Sunday roast offering, lunch dishes including the legendary Boisdale Roast Dumfriesshire blackface haggis bashed neeps & tatties will be on offeror or fish of the day more casual lunchtime dining.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Join us for an afternoon of Jazz, Motown, Soul and Funk with ‘Summit Soul’ featuring Polly Gibbons. Summit Soul is a band whose members have toured and performed all over the world, both as sidemen and bandleaders. Joining Summit Soul for two nights is the powerful vocalist Polly Gibbons, whose rich and soulful vocals have found her supporting Gladys Knight and George Benson on their UK tours. Expect classic tunes by Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin and The Jackson 5
Nominated twice as "Best Jazz Vocalist" by JAZZ FM and the BBC, Polly Gibbons makes a rare appearance performing soul classics at Boisdale. She is a regular performer at Birdland in New York, Ronnie Scott's and the 606 in London and has received great critical acclaim as an exponent of soul and R & B styles as well as her interpretations of the American Songbook.
Polly Gibbons is unmistakably a class act, getting classier fast.” -★★★★ The Guardian
“Gibbons is a jazz talent whose voice is also steeped in vintage R&B with shades of Aretha Franklin… A programme that sensitively mixes standards and originals.” - The Sunday Times
"Polly is as much Joss Stone and Aretha as she is Sarah Vaughan and Ella" Blues and Soul Magazine
“Polly Gibbons…a truly exceptional…talent, possessing a voice of such sizzling intensity and raw emotion you could fry an egg on it” Jazzwise;
"There’s a rare sense of joy in her voice, not to mention a depth of….feeling….remarkable” Evening Standard
"I hear echoes of Ella, Lena, Aretha, even Janis. But Gibbons is a full-blown phenomenon of her own." Seattle Post Intelligencer
BOISDALE of Canary wharf
Jools Holland, Boisdale Patron of Music presents the best in jazz, blues and soul.
Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square which comprises a restaurant, four private dining rooms, Oyster Bar & Grill and Cigar Terrace, the world’s greatest Whisky Bar, and the best live music in the capital.
"London's number one jazz venue" Tatler
"Best Whisky Bar in the World" Whisky Magazine
"A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard
"Aged steaks are deemed incredible" Square Meal
"The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
VIP - Live Music & Lunch
A sumptuous three course menu & live music
Table within 6 meters of stage + sumptuous three course menu covering all dietary requirements. See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|13:00 - 16:00||£119.00|
Premium - Live Music & Lunch
Table from the middle to front of the room with a full view of stage + sumptuous three course menu & live music covering all dietary requirements. See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|13:00 - 16:00||£99.00|
Standard - Live Music & Lunch
Table in the middle to back of the room with full view of stage + sumptuous three course menu covering all dietary requirements. See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|13:00 - 16:00||£79.00|
Window - Live Music & Lunch
A sumptuous three course menu & live music
Table in Bay Window area with partial view of stage and screens including a sumptuous three course menu covering all dietary requirements. See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|13:00 - 16:00||£59.00|
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.