Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
Sunday Sessions: Mi Soul Radio Presents Shaila Prospere
- No reviews.
- Boisdale of Canary Wharf
Shaila Prospere is a UK Soul/R&B singer & songwriter from London. Her inspiration initially came from growing up immersed in her mothers love for Country music & her fathers love for Reggae. Shaila then discovered the songs and music stemming from the Motown era, followed by lovers rock and soul music, drawing influences from stellar artists such as Dionne Warwick, Patti Labelle, Stevie Wonder, and Roberta Flack. What distinguishes Shaila from many of her peers is her songwriting ability. She is prolific with her craft, hence why her debut album “In My Shoes” was received with such critical acclaim, a collection of songs, littered with haunting melodies and cleverly woven lyrics about love and life.
2-course menus from £64.95 | Show only tickets from £24.50
Mike Vitti’s radio career began in 1987 hosting the first-ever dance show on Lancashire’s Red Rose Radio (now Rock FM), and since then he has presented programmes on Saturdays non-stop, playing a Funky mix of House, Jazz, Funk, Soul and Boogie.
Following a very successful five year stint as the programme director at Jazz FM where he curated the Funky Sensation brand to include a Saturday night radio show, live events at London’s prestigious Ronnie Scott’s and a series of hugely popular CDs, Mike left to develop the brand further and joined Gordon Mac at London’s Mi-Soul Radio, where the now Funky Nation is even bigger, better and funkier. The club night at Ronnie Scott’s (which has just celebrated its 9th anniversary) is even stronger and more popular than ever, and you can witness that for yourselves every Saturday night.
The Godfather of Dance Music, Gordon Mac is a highly innovative and successful entrepreneur. He was the first person to succeed in taking a pirate radio station to legalization in the UK, the youngest ever Managing Director of a radio station (1985-1997) and is renowned for creating the Kiss FM brand, Britain’s first dance music station.
Ronnie Herel is a true ambassador of Urban Music having had over a decade at the BBC. He was one of 1 Xtra’s first DJ signings, formerly presenting their specialist slot ‘The BBC Radio 1Xtra R&B Show and The BBC Radio 1Xtra Showcase on BBC Radio 1. He was the most listened to DJ via the 1Xtra website and a regular champion of new talent and a talent scout for The Voice UK.
As for today, Jon’s usual style is Jazz-Funk, Soul, Disco and Jacking House. His mixing skills are faultless, which has seen Jon become widely regarded and known as one of the most accomplished technical DJs in the UK. Coming runner-up in a public poll for Best Soul Club DJ by the “Soul Survivors” magazine.
ABOUT OUR FOOD:
Sourcing the greatest grass-fed Aberdeenshire beef is crucial to Boisdale but equally so is the attention to detail involved in the dry ageing and the actual cutting. All the beef supplied to Boisdale is from the very best certified beef suckler herds of Aberdeenshire Boisdale is wild about game and all manner of chase and fowl find their way to the tables, be it red grouse – the ultimate game bird uniquely indigenous to Scotland and northern England or Highland venison, the regulars’ favourite served hot smoked with a black truffle dressing. Wild fowl, hare, partridge – all can be enjoyed in the Boisdale restaurants when in season.
Gourmets can also delight in arguably the best beef in the world: 28-40 day matured purebred dry aged Aberdeenshire steak as well as other remarkable meat that includes Highland Blackface Lamb.
The most famous Scottish export after whisky - smoked salmon - comes to Boisdale from award-winning, small family-owned farms and smokehouses. Other fish specialities include the diver-gathered Orkney King scallops, Loch Ryan native oysters, organic West Minch salmon from South Uist, sweet dill-pickled herring from the Summer Isles, as well as abundant varieties of other seafood.
Show Only Ticket
Show only ticket at tables with full view 20 metres from the stage + live screen. Full bar and food service available.
|17:30 - 22:00||£24.50|
Window Dinner & Show Ticket
Window view table overlooking Cabot Square & Fountain with partial view of stage with a delicious 2-course menu with seven choices per course covering all dietary requirements
|17:30 - 22:00||£64.50|
Standard Dinner & Show Ticket
Standard music tickets and table towards the back of the room with side view of stage with a delicious 2-course menu with seven choices per course covering all dietary requirements
|17:30 - 22:00||£74.50|
Premium Dinner & Show Ticket
Premium music tickets & dining table with a full view of stage & a delicious 2-course menu with seven choices per course covering all dietary requirements
|17:30 - 22:00||£99.50|
VIP Dinner & Show Ticket
VIP music tickets & dining table within 5 meters of stage (full closest view) & a delicious 2-course menu with seven choices per course covering all dietary requirements
|17:30 - 22:00||£149.50|
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.