Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
- Boisdale of Canary Wharf
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
“When I grow up I wanna be like Omar”, Stevie Wonder
Omar awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours 2012
Omar Lyefook MBE is, without doubt, one of the greatest soul music talents the United Kingdom has produced in the last 40 years. If anyone has doubts about that, then they might want to consider the list of legendary artists who happily line up to collaborate with him musically, or simply sing his praises – from Stevie Wonder, the late Leon Ware, Erykah Badu, Common, through to Carleen Anderson, D’Angelo, and Soul II Soul’s Caron Wheeler, Angie Stone and U.K. artists Courtney Pine, Rodney P, Kele LeRoc, Natasha Watts and Estelle, all appreciate his truly original and unique voice, musicianship and songwriting talent.
Omar had his first hit at the age of 22, ‘There’s nothing like this’ hit the streets in 1990 and has since become a summer soul classic. Following his first two singles, ‘Mr Postman’ and ‘You and me’ featuring backing vocals from Caron Wheeler, Omar stunned everyone with his first album, also entitled ‘There’s nothing like this’. Released on his father’s label, Kongo Records, it entered the UK album charts unaided by promotion or advertising. With this, Omar earned his name as the founder of nu-classic soul. Signing to his first major record label, Talkin’ Loud saw the release of his second album ‘Music’ which, despite giving us more outstanding tracks, proved less successful than the first.A new signing to RCA led to some high profile collaborations, something he hadn’t experimented with before.
Omar has maintained his unique style and his loyal fan base. Omar has always been laid back, “I’m just here making my music and enjoying it but it’s nice to be appreciated along the way.” Omar follows his own star, no-one can exactly describe his music – jazz, funk, R & B, soul, disco, and Latin perfectly mixed with classic orchestral sounds.
“A songwriter who values true classic form, a singer whose phrases are instinctively seductive” American GQ Magazine
“Omar is one of my favourite artists ever” Erykah Badu
“Distance is the only difference between Babyface, the reigning king of black pop, and Omar” Rolling Stone Magazine
“This cats shit is banging” Ol’ Dirty Bastard (Wu Tang Clan)
“The original nu-classic soul guvnor” Trevor Nelson
“The reigning don of UK Soul” The Face Magazine
ABOUT OUR FOOD:
Sourcing the greatest grass-fed Aberdeenshire beef is crucial to Boisdale but equally so is the attention to detail involved in the dry ageing and the actual cutting. All the beef supplied to Boisdale is from the very best certified beef suckler herds of Aberdeenshire Boisdale is wild about game and all manner of chase and fowl find their way to the tables, be it red grouse – the ultimate game bird uniquely indigenous to Scotland and northern England or Highland venison, the regulars’ favourite served hot smoked with a black truffle dressing. Wild fowl, hare, partridge – all can be enjoyed in the Boisdale restaurants when in season.
Gourmets can also delight in arguably the best beef in the world: 28-40 day matured purebred dry aged Aberdeenshire steak as well as other remarkable meat that includes Highland Blackface Lamb.
The most famous Scottish export after whisky - smoked salmon - comes to Boisdale from award-winning, small family-owned farms and smokehouses. Other fish specialities include the diver-gathered Orkney King scallops, Loch Ryan native oysters, organic West Minch salmon from South Uist, sweet dill-pickled herring from the Summer Isles, as well as abundant varieties of other seafood.
ABOUT THE VENUE:
Jools Holland, Boisdale Patron of Music presents the best in jazz, blues and soul.
About the venue: https://youtu.be/SJhROJnoJLQ
Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square which comprises a restaurant, four private dining rooms, Oyster Bar & Grill and Cigar Terrace, the world’s greatest Whisky Bar, and the best live music in the capital.
"London's number one jazz venue" Tatler
"Best Whisky Bar in the World" Whisky Magazine
"A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard
"Aged steaks are deemed incredible" Square Meal
"The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
VIP - Live Music & Dinner
Table within 6 meters of stage + delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements. See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|21:30 - 23:00||£169.00|
Premium - Live Music & Dinner
Table from the middle to front of the room with a full view of stage + delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements. See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|21:30 - 23:00||£99.00|
Standard - Live Music & Dinner
Table in the middle to back of the room with full view of stage + delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements. See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|21:30 - 23:00||£89.00|
Window - Live Music & Dinner
Table in Bay Window area with partial view of stage and screens including a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements (see above). See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|21:30 - 23:00||£79.00|
Show Only - Live Music standard Ticket
Table in the middle to back of the room with full view of stage and screens See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site + food menus available
|21:30 - 23:00||£39.00|
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.