Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
New Year's Eve: Abba Disco Party
- Boisdale of Canary Wharf
ABOUT THE ACT:
Door: 18:00 | Live Music & DJ: 20:00 – 02:00
A spectacular New Year's Eve party at Boisdale with Abba Mania! so dig out your 70s fashion, dust off your platform boots and get ready to sing and dance the night away.
Enjoy all your favourite hits, such including 'The Winner Takes It All', 'Mamma Mia', 'Money Money Money' and 'Waterloo'.
It has now been 31 years since Abba last toured and, as you can imagine, in 1979 requests for tickets far outstripped availability with two Royal Albert Hall performances receiving 2 million requests for tickets, with only 5000 available. In short, it was the hottest ticket in town. Even today ABBA MANIA continues to grip the nation with countless tributes on television, radio and of course with the hugely popular stage hit Mamma Mia, now a feature film, so there are no signs that this popularity is slowing down!
ABBA MANIA the tribute takes you back in time by recreating one of the world’s finest pop groups in a live stage performance. This highly polished and professional production was created in 1999 and played its first shows in 2000.
In 2002 ABBA MANIA was invited to perform at London’s West End and played for 18 weeks at the Strand Theatre. In November 2002, the show made its German debut at the Deutsches Theatre Munich where it sold every seat in the house for 21 performances!
In 2003 the show was presented with a prestigious Radio Regenbogen Award for the best musical of 2002. Fellow winners that year were Tom Jones and Meatloaf. In the same year, ABBA MANIA toured extensively throughout Europe selling out theatres wherever they performed, including 24 consecutive shows in the Schiller Theatre in Berlin, and Cologne Arena selling 10,000 tickets in one night.
The highlight of 2004 was playing a one-off television special. Viewed by over 11 million people and broadcast throughout Europe, the show celebrated thirty years since ABBA came to prominence with Waterloo (Eurovision 1974). Fellow performers included original members of the ABBA band, stars from the musical Mamma Mia, and even the iconic Bjorn Ulveaus made an appearance.
ABBA MANIA has continued to tour the globe, enjoying great success, with ticket sales for most venues selling out long before the show hit town. We look forward to welcoming you back this year and will ensure that once again you’ll be “having the time of your life”.
The show has toured internationally in regions as far afield as Venezuela, North America, Tahiti, Mexico, Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Luxembourg, and many more, making this the world’s most successful touring ABBA show.
Please note your dining reservation is booked in at 6.00pm, (you will have 2 hours on the table from the time of your booking) if you wish to move this booking to a different time then please contact our reception team on 0207 715 5818 or email email@example.com.
ABOUT THE VENUE:
Jools Holland, Boisdale’s Patron of Music presents the best in jazz, blues and soul.
About the venue: https://youtu.be/SJhROJnoJLQ
Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square which comprises a restaurant, four private dining rooms, Oyster Bar & Grill and Cigar Terrace, the world’s greatest Whisky Bar, and the best live music in the capital.
"London's number one jazz venue" Tatler
"Best Whisky Bar in the World" Whisky Magazine
"A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard
"Aged steaks are deemed incredible" Square Meal
"The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.