Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
Luther Vandross: Fil Straughan
- No reviews.
- Boisdale of Canary Wharf
ABOUT THE ACT:
Experience the seductive sounds of FiL Straughan. This award-winning vocalist's warm honey nut rich chocolate velvet voice touches everyone who hears him. A former member of Ray Lewis's Drifters, a prize-winning songwriter with music featured on BBC1 Xtra, FiL has an impressive pedigree.
Get ready for a great evening, as he and the band take you on an interactive, spontaneous, diverse repertoire journey - from jazz to classic soul to current hits to "on-the-spot/improv" songs to house/dance music AND the icing on the cake is when FiL beautifully channels the music of Luther Vandross. He is quite possibly the best Luther Vandross tribute vocalist in the world. He will have you clapping, singing, dancing and FiL-ing good! It is not simply his vocal ability – FiL manages to tap into the energies of the song in the same manner that Luther did, touching the audiences’ hearts with vivid emotion. Consequently, FiL has shared his Luther Show with audiences all over the world – to rapturous applause
For those who appreciate the heritage of Soul, the sophisticated “Spirit of Luther” will not disappoint. Luther Lives On!
ABOUT THE VENUE:
Jools Holland is Boisdale’s Patron of Music presenting the very best in jazz, blues, reggae and soul and occasionally rock’n’roll. Described as “London’s No 1 jazz venue” by Tatler Magazine, Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking the fountains of Cabot Square, which comprises an award-winning restaurant, four private dining rooms, The Hine Bar & Garden Terrace, the world’s most extensive whisky bar (over 1000 malt whiskies!).
The food offering ranges from an excellent value bar menu with a wonderful selection of burgers starting at £12.95, Scottish Pizza from £8.95 and an A La carte menu celebrating great British ingredients with flair and imagination. The dry aged grass fed Aberdeenshire beef steaks are simply amazing! You can also enjoy fabulous cocktails, a good selection of real ales and draft lagers as well as an outstanding wine list with over 200 bins.
"London's number one jazz venue" Tatler
"Best Whisky Bar in the World" Whisky Magazine
"A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard
"Aged steaks are deemed incredible" Square Meal
"The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
Standard - Live Music & Dinner
Standard music tickets and table towards the back of the room with side view of stage with a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 23:00||£89.00|
Premium - Live Music & Dinner
Premium music tickets & dining table with a full view of stage & a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 23:00||£99.00|
Show Only - Live Music No Dinner
Show only ticket at tables with full view 20 metres from the stage + live screen. Full bar and food service available.
|21:30 - 23:00||£39.00|
VIP - Live Music & Dinner
VIP music tickets & dining table within 5 metres of stage (full closest view) & a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 23:00||£149.00|
Window - Live Music & Dinner
Window view table overlooking Cabot Square & Fountain with partial view of stage with a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 23:00||£79.00|
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
Boisdale of Canary Wharf Ltd
More from Boisdale Of Canary Wharf - Restaurant, Bars & Terrace
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.