Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
Kid Creole & The Coconuts
- No reviews.
- Boisdale of Canary Wharf
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
1983 Brit Award Winner (International Artist)
“a proper pop star, someone beamed in from somewhere rather more glittery than here”. The Quietus
“Mr August Darnell is a person we scarcely seem to deserve, an unusually conscientious and industrious writer, composer, arranger, producer, player, singer, stage manager, character, bon vivant”. NME
Kid Creole, the Sultan of Suave, the High Priest of Hip and the Prince of Pizazz, recently announced the official launch of his record label 2C2C, a home for both his own music and for those who refuse to be categorised and pigeon-holed. Kid Creole and the Coconuts is a band who introduced Latin, Calypso and Jive Fusion to a brand-new audience, crossing genres and breaking boundaries throughout their always uplifting releases.
Born in the Bronx, August Darnell adopted the name Kid Creole in 1980. Exposed in his childhood to the melting pot of sounds in New York, Kid’s music is as influenced by Latin, disco, calypso, rock’n’roll, R&B, jazz and funk as it is by the Beatles and Frank Sinatra and Cab
Calloway!!! But what would the Kid be without his Coconuts? Just another tree in the forest. That infamous, glamorous female trio is the perfect foil to Kid’s zoot-suited, larger-than-life personae. Kid loves his Nuts as much as he loves his clothes.
But make no mistake, Kid Creole remains an artist who is incredibly well-read, incisive, irreverent and unafraid to break with conventions on all levels. Enjoying huge success around the world for over 40 years, the band has so far released 17 albums, 7 compilations and 30 singles.
2020 saw the 40th anniversary of their first studio album entitled “Off the Coast of Me”. What better way to celebrate than to release a re-mastered special anniversary edition of this superb album on his very own label. And at the end of last year, the Kid released a brand (might-aswell-be) new album called “Nothin’ Left but the Rest”.
2022 will see Kid Creole and his merry band of renegades engaging in a world tour (hopefully!)
– the biggest tour in their legendary career!
Bar and heated Terrace available on the first floor for pre/post-show drinks!
ABOUT OUR FOOD:
Sourcing the greatest grass-fed Aberdeenshire beef is crucial to Boisdale but equally so is the attention to detail involved in the dry ageing and the actual cutting. All the beef supplied to Boisdale is from the very best certified beef suckler herds of Aberdeenshire Boisdale is wild about game and all manner of chase and fowl find their way to the tables, be it red grouse – the ultimate game bird uniquely indigenous to Scotland and northern England or Highland venison, the regulars’ favourite served hot smoked with a black truffle dressing. Wild fowl, hare, partridge – all can be enjoyed in the Boisdale restaurants when in season.
Gourmets can also delight in arguably the best beef in the world: 28-40 day matured purebred dry aged Aberdeenshire steak as well as other remarkable meat that includes Highland Blackface Lamb.
The most famous Scottish export after whisky - smoked salmon - comes to Boisdale from award-winning, small family-owned farms and smokehouses. Other fish specialities include the diver-gathered Orkney King scallops, Loch Ryan native oysters, organic West Minch salmon from South Uist, sweet dill-pickled herring from the Summer Isles, as well as abundant varieties of other seafood.
ABOUT THE VENUE:
Jools Holland, Boisdale Patron of Music presents the best in jazz, blues and soul.
About the venue: https://youtu.be/SJhROJnoJLQ
Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square which comprises a restaurant, four private dining rooms, Oyster Bar & Grill and Cigar Terrace, the world’s greatest Whisky Bar, and the best live music in the capital.
"London's number one jazz venue" Tatler
"Best Whisky Bar in the World" Whisky Magazine
"A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard
"Aged steaks are deemed incredible" Square Meal
"The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
VIP - Live Music & Dinner
Table within 6 meters of stage + delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements. See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|21:30 - 23:00||£295.00|
Premium - Live Music & Dinner
Table from the middle to front of the room with a full view of stage + delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements. See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|21:30 - 23:00||£225.00|
Standard - Live Music & Dinner
Table in the middle to back of the room with full view of stage + delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements. See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|21:30 - 23:00||£175.00|
Window - Live Music & Dinner
Table in Bay Window area with partial view of stage and screens including a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements (see above). See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site
|21:30 - 23:00||£150.00|
Show Only - Live Music Standard icket
Table in the middle to back of the room with full view of stage and screens See amazing wine, cocktail, and award winning whiskey lists on our web site + food menus available
|21:30 - 23:00||£125.00|
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.