Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
Johnny Hates Jazz
- No reviews.
- Boisdale of Canary Wharf
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Johnny Hates Jazz consists of Clark Datchler (songwriting, vocals, keyboards) and Mike Nocito (production, engineering, guitars). The band is best known for a cycle of hits in the late 1980s, the most successful being Shattered Dreams. Released in March 1987 it became a top 5 hit in the UK, throughout mainland Europe and Asia, and reached number 2 in Japan. This was followed by four other worldwide hits, being the anti-war anthem, I Don’t Want To Be A Hero, Turn Back The Clock (featuring Kim Wilde on backing vocals), Heart Of Gold and Don’t Say Its Love. In 1988, Shattered Dreams reached number 2 on the US Billboard chart, number 1 on the US Adult Contemporary chart, and climbed to number 4 in Canada.
That same year, their album Turn Back The Clock entered the UK charts at number 1, selling over four million copies and going triple-platinum in the process. It is arguably one of the definitive albums of the 1980s and is one of only two debut albums released by Virgin Records to immediately go to the top of the charts upon its release (the other being by The Sex Pistols). Since then, Shattered Dreams has got on to be played over 3.5 million times on US radio alone.
Johnny Hates Jazz parted ways at the height of their success and were to be the last electronic band to emerge in the 1980’s. However, after many years of pursuing individual projects, Clark and Mike decided to reunite in 2010, resulting in the 2013 album Magnetized. From then until now, JHJ have performed extensively throughout the World with their live band, while at the same time Clark has co-written much of the new material for Mike + The Mechanics with Genesis legend Mike Rutherford.
In 2018, the band released a 30th Anniversary edition of Turn Back The Clock, which included brand new acoustic versions of every song on the album.
Bar and heated Terrace available for pre or post-show drinks!
ABOUT OUR FOOD:
Sourcing the greatest grass-fed Aberdeenshire beef is crucial to Boisdale but equally so is the attention to detail involved in the dry ageing and the actual cutting. All the beef supplied to Boisdale is from the very best certified beef suckler herds of Aberdeenshire Boisdale is wild about game and all manner of chase and fowl find their way to the tables, be it red grouse – the ultimate game bird uniquely indigenous to Scotland and northern England or Highland venison, the regulars’ favourite served hot smoked with a black truffle dressing. Wild fowl, hare, partridge – all can be enjoyed in the Boisdale restaurants when in season.
Gourmets can also delight in arguably the best beef in the world: 28-40 day matured purebred dry aged Aberdeenshire steak as well as other remarkable meat that includes Highland Blackface Lamb.
The most famous Scottish export after whisky - smoked salmon - comes to Boisdale from award-winning, small family-owned farms and smokehouses. Other fish specialities include the diver-gathered Orkney King scallops, Loch Ryan native oysters, organic West Minch salmon from South Uist, sweet dill-pickled herring from the Summer Isles, as well as abundant varieties of other seafood.
ABOUT THE VENUE:
Jools Holland, Boisdale Patron of Music presents the best in jazz, blues and soul.
About the venue: https://youtu.be/SJhROJnoJLQ
Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square which comprises a restaurant, four private dining rooms, Oyster Bar & Grill and Cigar Terrace, the world’s greatest Whisky Bar, and the best live music in the capital.
"London's number one jazz venue" Tatler
"Best Whisky Bar in the World" Whisky Magazine
"A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard
"Aged steaks are deemed incredible" Square Meal
"The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
VIP - Live Music & Dinner
VIP music tickets & dining table within 5 metres of stage (full closest view) & a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 22:30||£179.00|
Premium - Live Music & Dinner
Premium music tickets & dining table with a full view of stage & a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 22:30||£149.00|
Standard - Live Music & Dinner
Standard music tickets and table towards the back of the room with side view of stage with a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 22:30||£99.00|
Window - Live Music & Dinner
Window view table overlooking Cabot Square & Fountain with partial view of stage with a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 22:30||£89.00|
Show Only - Live Music
Standard music tickets and table towards the back of the room with side view of stage and screens + amazing cocktails, wine and award winning whiskey lists and food menus available
|21:30 - 22:30||£49.00|
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.