Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
- No reviews.
- Boisdale of Canary Wharf
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
The band came together initially when two American serviceman brothers, Jennie Wilder and Keith Wilder, who were based in Germany, began performing together. After they were discharged, they moved to London, UK in 1975 to team up with songwriter/keyboardist Rod Temperton. They then fleshed out the lineup with Spaniard Mario Mantese (bass), Czechoslovakian Ernest Berger (drums) and Americans Jesse Whitens (guitar) and Eric Johns (guitar). With the multicultural nature of the group, they managed to create an eclectic sound that pushed their music well ahead of their peers, becoming pioneers in their genre.
After touring the London club circuit, they gained the attention of GTO Records, with their simple disco beats and heavy funk grooves. They began recording their debut album but the tragic murder of Jesse Whitens set them back. However, finding a replacement in Roy Carter, they began recording again, releasing a string of singles culminating in the hit disco anthem, 1977’s “Boogie Nights.” The song hit number two in the UK charts and also became a top five hit in America. Their debut album appeared later that year, titled “Too Hot to Handle,” peaking at number five in the R&B charts. By the end of the year, they had also gained a number two hit in the US with their soul ballad, “Always and Forever.”
Success followed them into their next album, “Central Heating,” in 1978, featuring the hit, “The Groove Line,” which scaled the top of the charts. However, lineup instability followed shortly after, with both Johns and Temperton leaving the band. Further tragedy hit after Mantese was stabbed by his girlfriend and was left paralysed, forcing his retirement. In 1979, Heatwave had recuperated to record their third album, “Hot Property,” which despite its strong collection of songs, failed to make much of an impression in the charts.
Please note, although Heatwave is still touring and performing the hits, the band no longer features the original members
AFTER SHOW DJ – Tue & Wed until 12am • Thu until 1am • Fri & Sat until 2am
ABOUT OUR FOOD:
Sourcing the greatest grass-fed Aberdeenshire beef is crucial to Boisdale but equally so is the attention to detail involved in the dry ageing and the actual cutting. All the beef supplied to Boisdale is from the very best certified beef suckler herds of Aberdeenshire Boisdale is wild about game and all manner of chase and fowl find their way to the tables, be it red grouse – the ultimate game bird uniquely indigenous to Scotland and northern England or Highland venison, the regulars’ favourite served hot smoked with a black truffle dressing. Wild fowl, hare, partridge – all can be enjoyed in the Boisdale restaurants when in season.
Gourmets can also delight in arguably the best beef in the world: 28-40 day matured purebred dry aged Aberdeenshire steak as well as other remarkable meat that includes Highland Blackface Lamb.
The most famous Scottish export after whisky - smoked salmon - comes to Boisdale from award-winning, small family-owned farms and smokehouses. Other fish specialities include the diver-gathered Orkney King scallops, Loch Ryan native oysters, organic West Minch salmon from South Uist, sweet dill-pickled herring from the Summer Isles, as well as abundant varieties of other seafood.
ABOUT THE VENUE:
Jools Holland, Boisdale Patron of Music presents the best in jazz, blues and soul.
About the venue: https://youtu.be/SJhROJnoJLQ
Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square which comprises a restaurant, four private dining rooms, Oyster Bar & Grill and Cigar Terrace, the world’s greatest Whisky Bar, and the best live music in the capital.
"London's number one jazz venue" Tatler
"Best Whisky Bar in the World" Whisky Magazine
"A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard
"Aged steaks are deemed incredible" Square Meal
"The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
VIP - Live Music & Dinner
VIP music tickets & dining table within 5 metres of stage (full closest view) & a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 22:55||£179.00|
Premium - Live Music & Dinner
Premium music tickets & dining table with a full view of stage & a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 22:55||£99.00|
Standard - Live Music & Dinner
Standard music tickets and table towards the back of the room with side view of stage with a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 22:55||£89.00|
Window - Live Music & Dinner
Window view table overlooking Cabot Square & Fountain with partial view of stage with a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 22:55||£79.00|
Show Only - Live Music
Show only ticket at tables with full view 20 metres from the stage + live screen. Full bar and food service available.
|21:30 - 22:55||£39.00|
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.