Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
DJ Nights: Catch a Groove with Matt White Supper Club
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Club and Party Classics from the 00’s, 90’s, 80’s and 70’s.
Established in September 2013 by Dr. Dre’s former tour manager Matt White (now of Mi-Soul), Catch A Groove pre Covid19 had hosted monthly club nights at the Basement nightclub (London Edition Hotel) and up until March 2020, Westbank Art Gallery in Ladbroke Grove. Every month close to 400 people made a pilgrimage to witness parties that featured some of the UK's glitterati of music and media that include Pussycat Dolls lead singer Nicole Scherzinger, Danny John Jules (Red Dwarf), General Levy, Richard Blackwood (Eastenders), singer Omar, Angelica Bell (The One Show) and Charles Venn of Casualty all vibing to classic R&B, UKG, Rap, Reggae, Jungle and Dance classics from the last 5 decades. Past DJ’s have included Spoony, Shortee Blitz, Ronnie Herel, Rampage, Jumping Jack Frost, Block Party and many more award-winning DJ’s and MC’s. Join Matt White, 5th Avenue street sound and DJ Cable (Supa Dupa Fly/Doctors Orders/Hip Hop Brunch) at Catch A Groove for a night of classics for classy people.
Catch A Groove is an epic night of throwback classics. Join residents Matt White (Mi-Soul), and a surprise guest DJ for a night of classic R&B, UKG, Golden Era Rap, Bashment, Neo Soul, New Jack Swing, Funky House, Reggae, Rare Groove, House and all the other party classics from the 00's, 90's and 80's.
Matt's first big break came when he was approached by Aitch B and Jazzie B to join Soul 2 Soul, working on their legendary song 'Fairplay'. At the tender age of just 23, Matt was approached by Steve Jervier and asked to come and join him at Kiss, embarking on a new path as a radio DJ. His 'Smoove Grooves' and 'Ghetto Style On Ya Dial' shows ran on Kiss for 9 years and during this time Matt also played regularly at Yo Yo's, Shuffles, Hanover Grand, Bar Rumba, Ministry of Sound and other venues across London. - yOyO - London.
Cocktail Bar area, you can try-out several mouth-watering Cocktails as well as a wide selection of Champagnes, Caribbean Rums and over 200 Whisky brands
2-course menu £39.50
* Please note that all menus are samples, dishes and prices are subject to change
Jools Holland, Boisdale’s Patron of Music presents the best in jazz, blues and soul. About the venue: https://youtu.be/SJhROJnoJLQ
Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square which comprises a restaurant, four private dining rooms, Oyster Bar & Grill and Cigar Terrace, the world’s greatest Whisky Bar, and the best live music in the capital.
"London's number one jazz venue" Tatler
"Best Whisky Bar in the World" Whisky Magazine
"A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard
"Aged steaks are deemed incredible" Square Meal
"The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
DJs, 2-course Supper & Entry to the first floor, outdoor terrace and cigar lounge
|17:00 - 22:00||£39.50|
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.