Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
Buena Vista with the Cuban Allstars
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Celebrating Dia de la Independencia with London’s leading Latin musicians, who honour the rich and colourful sounds of Cuba with a high-octane live performance of the country’s finest musical exports. Take a trip to Havana and feel the romantic rhythms, inspiring percussion and unique sounds of this amazing country.
Sambroso Noda, the beating heart of London’s Cuban community and flourishing music scene, has whipped up a bonafide all-star group of musicians to pay their own unique and loving tribute to the wonderful world of Cuban music. Expect tracks from the likes of Buena Vista Social Club, Afro Cuban All Stars, Celia Cruz and more.
Doing this Cuban album any sort of justice is no easy task, but there isn't anyone better than Sambroso Sambroso, the beating heart of London’s Cuban community and flourishing music scene. He has whipped up a bonafide ‘all star’ group of Cuban musicians who will pay their own unique and loving tribute to the landmark album. As word of his talents spread, Noda was snapped up for a combined 2004 UK tour by South African jazz icon Hugh Masekela and the redoubtable Jazz Jamaica All Stars, which featured such luminaries as Gary Crosby, Denys Baptiste and the Mercury-nominated Soweto Kinch. Co-opted as a salient member of award-winning rude boys Ska Cubano, Noda proceeded to tour the world for the next eight years, soaking up influences, cooking up ideas and winning new friends along the way.
Winning the Grammy for Best Traditional Tropical Latin Album, it remains a high watermark not just for Cuban music but world music as a whole, having been only one of two non-English speaking albums to be included in Rolling Stone’s 500 greatest albums of all time list.
“We’re a tribe of Cuban musicians in London representing live music,” he says in his good-natured way. “From the roots of rumba to salsa, timba or any Cuban fusion. We’re about giving energy and happiness through music, to those who want to join us on our journey.”
“This guy is so good he should be arrested!” Hugh Masekela
ABOUT OUR FOOD:
Sourcing the greatest grass-fed Aberdeenshire beef is crucial to Boisdale but equally so is the attention to detail involved in the dry ageing and the actual cutting. All the beef supplied to Boisdale is from the very best certified beef suckler herds of Aberdeenshire Boisdale is wild about game and all manner of chase and fowl find their way to the tables, be it red grouse – the ultimate game bird uniquely indigenous to Scotland and northern England or Highland venison, the regulars’ favourite served hot smoked with a black truffle dressing. Wild fowl, hare, partridge – all can be enjoyed in the Boisdale restaurants when in season.
Gourmets can also delight in arguably the best beef in the world: 28-40 day matured purebred dry aged Aberdeenshire steak as well as other remarkable meat that includes Highland Blackface Lamb.
The most famous Scottish export after whisky - smoked salmon - comes to Boisdale from award-winning, small family-owned farms and smokehouses. Other fish specialities include the diver-gathered Orkney King scallops, Loch Ryan native oysters, organic West Minch salmon from South Uist, sweet dill-pickled herring from the Summer Isles, as well as abundant varieties of other seafood.
ABOUT THE VENUE:
Jools Holland, Boisdale Patron of Music presents the best in jazz, blues and soul.
About the venue: https://youtu.be/SJhROJnoJLQ
Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square which comprises a restaurant, four private dining rooms, Oyster Bar & Grill and Cigar Terrace, the world’s greatest Whisky Bar, and the best live music in the capital.
"London's number one jazz venue" Tatler
"Best Whisky Bar in the World" Whisky Magazine
"A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard
"Aged steaks are deemed incredible" Square Meal
"The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
VIP - Live Music & Dinner
VIP music tickets & dining table within 5 metres of stage (full closest view) & a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 23:00||£129.00|
Premium - Live Music & Dinner
Premium music tickets & dining table with a full view of stage & a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 23:00||£99.00|
Standard - Live Music & Dinner
Standard music tickets and table towards the back of the room with side view of stage with a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 23:00||£89.50|
Window - Live Music & Dinner
Window view table overlooking Cabot Square & Fountain with partial view of stage with a delicious 2-course menu covering all dietary requirements
|21:30 - 23:00||£79.00|
Show Only - Live Music
Show only ticket at tables with full view 20 metres from the stage + live screen. Full bar and food service available.
|21:30 - 23:00||£39.00|
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.