Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
An Intimate Evening with Gabrielle
- No reviews.
- Boisdale of Canary Wharf
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
LEGENDARY SINGER, SONGWRITER GABRIELLE, MAKES HER DEBUT ON THE BOISDALE STAGE FOR AN INTIMATE PERFORMANCE!
Through the first chapter of her career – from her emergence in 1993 through to 2007 – Gabrielle was a near-constant presence in the UK charts. She landed two #1 singles, a further eight Top 10 hits, and five Top 10 albums, including the #1 hit Rise. Gabrielle has spent a combined total of over four years on the Top 40 of the Official Album and Singles Charts, exceeding 5 million sales in the process. In addition, she was part of the BBC’s all-star version of Lou Reed’s ‘Perfect Day’.
Highlights of her numerous awards include the prestigious Ivor Novello for Outstanding Song Collection; two BRIT Awards for British Breakthrough Act and British Female Solo Artist; and both Best Album (Rise) and Best Single (Give Me A Little More Time) at the MOBO Awards.
2019 saw Gabrielle build on the success of her 2018 album, Under My Skin, by playing a near sold-out UK Headline Tour, BBC’s Proms In The Park (40,000), Blenheim Palace with Gladys Knight, Kingsholm Stadium with Nile Rogers as well as a summer full of festival dates.
Gabrielle is unique. She’s unique as an artist, with that instantly familiar shimmery voice and those tender-tough lyrics and way of phrasing that makes every song feel deeply intimate.
Gabrielle’s career got off to an incredible start in 1993 when she broke the record for the highest chart debut by a female with the single ‘Dreams’ (it went in at 2, before rising to Number 1). A 23-year-old club singer from Brockley, South London, she was the archetypal outsider: she didn’t possess the sort of belting voice you’d expect of an R&B vocalist. “There were so many other girls with better voices and a hell of a lot skinnier than me that I thought I had no chance,” she says now. Following her dreams, Gabrielle launched her career wearing an eyepatch that made her visually striking a voice that made her distinctive – and her differences contributed to her becoming Britain’s most successful soul singer.
ABOUT OUR FOOD:
Sourcing the greatest grass-fed Aberdeenshire beef is crucial to Boisdale but equally so is the attention to detail involved in the dry ageing and the actual cutting. All the beef supplied to Boisdale is from the very best certified beef suckler herds of Aberdeenshire Boisdale is wild about game and all manner of chase and fowl find their way to the tables, be it red grouse – the ultimate game bird uniquely indigenous to Scotland and northern England or Highland venison, the regulars’ favourite served hot smoked with a black truffle dressing. Wild fowl, hare, partridge – all can be enjoyed in the Boisdale restaurants when in season.
Gourmets can also delight in arguably the best beef in the world: 28-40 day matured purebred dry aged Aberdeenshire steak as well as other remarkable meat that includes Highland Blackface Lamb.
The most famous Scottish export after whisky - smoked salmon - comes to Boisdale from award-winning, small family-owned farms and smokehouses. Other fish specialities include the diver-gathered Orkney King scallops, Loch Ryan native oysters, organic West Minch salmon from South Uist, sweet dill-pickled herring from the Summer Isles, as well as abundant varieties of other seafood.
ABOUT THE VENUE:
Jools Holland, Boisdale Patron of Music presents the best in jazz, blues and soul.
About the venue: https://youtu.be/SJhROJnoJLQ
Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square which comprises a restaurant, four private dining rooms, Oyster Bar & Grill and Cigar Terrace, the world’s greatest Whisky Bar, and the best live music in the capital.
"London's number one jazz venue" Tatler
"Best Whisky Bar in the World" Whisky Magazine
"A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard
"Aged steaks are deemed incredible" Square Meal
"The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.