Ninety One Living Room is a jazz club and cocktail bar with late night music events located at the Truman Brewery at 91 Brick Lane. Ninety One was based on the idea of an idealistic living room: a good-looking space to kick back and work during the day, dine in the evening, and party into the night…
EFG London Jazz Festival: CHERISE 'Remedy' EP Launch
- No reviews.
- Ninety One Living Room
The EFG London Jazz Festival is the capital’s biggest pan-city music festival, taking place annually in November, which has long been acclaimed for showcasing a heady mix of talent from around the world. Widely acknowledged for delivering world-class artists and emerging stars, the Festival continues to take jazz to a massive audience, in one of UK’s landmark music events. Following an exceptional digital edition last year, EFG London Jazz Festival returns with a programme of live performances by an electrifying lineup of global stars, special collaborations, and the finest and freshest music. On Saturday 13th November 2021 it is with great pleasure that we welcome CHERISE to the living room stage!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Owing much of her early musical development to the highly respected grass roots organisation Tomorrow’s Warriors, whose alumni include Nubya Garcia and Ezra Collective, Cherise has already been awarded Jazz FM’s Vocalist of the Year Award and in 2020 she was also named Vocalist of the Year by the Parliamentary Jazz Awards. In support of the EP release, Cherise plays at London’s ‘Ninety One Living Room’ on 13th November
Taking inspiration from contemporary RnB artists such as H.E.R, Summer Walker and SZA, Cherise’s new EP finds her turning her world class talent to Soul and RnB, with her sublime vocal taking centre stage. Lyrically, Cherise wrote the single as a source of hope for herself whilst grieving, as she explains:
“I wrote ‘Rise’ while in deep grief and it was my way of remaining hopeful. I share this song to extend a sense of optimism in the face of the uncertainty we all share in this time”
As a second-generation descendant to Jamaican Grandparents who settled in London as a part of the Windrush generation, Cherise’s culture and heritage sing from her entire creative output “My grandparents taught me that I am a manifestation of their wildest dreams. The gratitude and love I have for them runs through everything I sing.”
A truly multi-faceted artist, Cherise is fast proving herself to be one of the most fiercely talented young musicians around. Her effortless, world class vocals alongside her honest, soulful song writing manage to be simultaneously both contemporary and time.
CHERISE - Vocals/Songwriter
Piano - Sultan Stevenson
Bass - Benjamin Muralt
Guitar - Tjoe Man Chung
Drums - Sam Michnik
BVs - Laurent John
BVs - Loucin
Support - Rayon Nelson, solo - Vocals & Guitar
SECONDARY ACT: DJ JAKE SNAKESTONE ZAITZ
A pair of decks for a guitar, spinning his eclectic set of groovers.
Jake Zaitz is an internationally renowned guitarist, record producer, writer, avid record collector and Snakestone Records founder. For the past two decades, he toured the globe with The Queen of British Blues Dana Gillespie as well as performed and recorded with some of the most revered names on the blues and rock scene, Mick Jagger, Joe Louis Walker, Don Fagan, Pee Wee Ellis, Shemekia Copeland and many others.
He has been a featured DJ with the Banger Factory at their ongoing residency at Brixton’s POW since 2015.
DJ Snakestone builds his sets around the focal point of each event or night. His acute familiarity of musical retro styles, remarkable expertise and musicianship allows him to shape his sets on the go, masterfully controlling the temperature on the dance floor. From high energy bangers to lounge groovers and anything in between.
His eclectic LP collection will take you from hardest grooving bop and soul-jazz cuts to hippest 60s mod smashers, Motown soul and R&B to funkiest disco exciters. He is no stranger to exotic spins and suspenseful twangers with heavy leanings on to Latin sensations.
Jake Snakestone Zaitz - turntables
|Regular||19:00 - 02:00||£15.00|
Ninety One Living Room, 91 Brick Lane, E1 6QL
Shoreditch High Street (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.