The Islington Metal Works in North London is a fully licensed, flexible event space. Found tucked behind Angel tube, this warehouse space, built in the late 19th century hosts some of the most famous, unique and eclectic events in the city. The disorientating layout of this incredible warehouse…
Rumpus: Sword Swallowers & Cult Followers
RUMPUS: SWORD SWALLOWERS & CULT FOLLOWERS
Over half the tickets were snapped up in the first day of sales, so grab yours double quick!
Roll up! Roll up! Sideshow savants, snake oil sellers, doom yellers, mysterious & mischievous magic carpet vendors!
Let us join in carny convivial cohort, be probed by aliens of salvation and drink ALL the Cool Aid! We're beaming up to abduct your senses and massacre the melancholy as Rumpus returns with its February instalment of tip-top, non-stop, animalistic amusement.
The return to Rumpus brings us back to the Islington Metalworks with 7 rooms bursting to the brim with live bands, DJs playing everything from turbo gypsy to Drum’n’Bass, art exhibitions, immersive theatre and walkabout performers, a very special jazz room, and its own kazoo orchestra!
We’ve got bands coming from around Europe to whisk you into a frenzy with the likes of Batiar Gang, Gypsies of Bohemia and Tantzcoming to play up a storm! The Wonderland crew is back transforming the second room into a lustrous, magical den, andLondon Leisure Pirates will be joining us once again bombarding creatures big and small with their particularly marvellous machinations.
Shamans soar & snake charmers allure so don your ritual robes, wink that third eye and bounce away the barbarous night!
Dress Code Suggestions
Familial Fanatics, Bearded Ladies, Cool-Aid Cavaliers, Savage Snakes & their Chomping Charmers, Children of the Good Gawd Alrighty! Flirty Fish, Elephant Men, Doomsayer Savants and Doomsday Devotees, Anarchist Aliens, Aeronauts, Gnomes, Globes and Probes, Lion Tamers and New Age Ravers.
(More Acts to be announced)
✩Bob B Wrong ✩ The beauty and the brains behind the phenomenon known only as BOINK.
✩Crinkle Cuts✩ Electrifying eccentricity giving you a good blasting of tantric funk, ska, latin waves and all the good vibes.
✩Batiar Gang✩ Flying in from Ukraine these radical punk-folk bring the finest of Balkan Klezmer to transcend the skies, tear open those musical taste buds and manoeuvre the masses!
✩Offbeat Terrorist✩ Mazeltov,mis amigos! Prepare yourselves for a total global mash-up! …We’re looking forward to the Cumbia'n'Bass!
✩Oli Nice✩ This Rumpus favourite is oh soNice! It’s all in the name.
★★Room 2 –Wonderland★★
Wonderland is back to take over the second room giving toadstool nibblers, inquisitive caterpillars and even Alice a run for her otherworldly witching. The party is mad…and all for a good cause.
✩Imo Loves Dick✩ Imo LOVES Dick are Wonderland's Queen of Hearts and Dormouse, tickling you with all manner of old skool Hip Hop, RnB, bass music and funk. Get ready to bump, bump, bump….
✩Duzmoore✩ Smooshing up breaks, funkyness and 90s classics
✩King Mixalot✩ Big bassy beats and mixed-up mashups from Wonderland's King Of Hearts
✩Miss White Rabbit✩ The White Rabbit bringing you bashment and dancehall rhythms to make you get down and dirty!
✩J. Ravens✩ A solid mix of electro, house, future and classic dance vibes. Banging tunes for a banging dancefloor!
✩Fat Sam✩ Coming at us with a mix of electro swing, glitchyness and silly classics – a grand slam from Fat Sam!
✩Sl*tDrop✩ Wonderland's Newbie Sl*tDrop treating you to the best old skool and UK Garage. Get ready for a lot of twosteppin' and twerkin!
✩W.E.D.G.E✩ Wildly entertaining, dangerous, ginger and exciting.
✩SlyFox✩ House. House. Tech House. Grandmaster Flash. House. Sly Fox will be serving up some bangin' house.
✩Gypsies of Bohemia✩ These jazz manouche non-purists will bring you all your modern pop favourites…just like you never heard them before.
✩Tantz✩ These six hotshots bring all the filthy klezmer beats to get you stomping ‘til it nearly does you in.
✩Skaramoosh ✩ our old time friend Penny Metal joins hands with El Gadzé to brings you something very special!
✩Jamie Moon✩ In honour of the greatest cult there has ever been the legendary Jamie Moon brings you a set by the artist formerly & forever known as Prince.
★★Room 4 - London Leisure Pirates★★
This ragged, rugged band of miscreants descend upon the shores of Rumpus once again, this time plundering the fourth room with all sorts of marvellous mayhem.
More details to dock in the not-so-distant future.
★★Room 5 - The Courtyard★★
The Alchemist and his delectable disciples descend upon Rumpus, laying down the most magical of melodies to see you soaring through the night accompanied by the most fearsome of freakshows.
★★Room 6 - Wonderland Café★★
If a dance floor full of this wonderful crew wasn’t enough prepare for the all the cosy splendour of our favourite festive café.
★★Room 7 - Rumpus CineRave★★
VJ Harper returns to send you on a sensory excursion up the stairs…and beyond!
Super Quantum Ticket of Doom
Half price limited edition super early bird
|22:00 - 06:00||£12.50|
|Super Cheap Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£15.00|
|Super Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£18.00|
|Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£20.00|
|General Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£25.00|
7, Torrens St, EC1V 1NQ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.