Jerk Festival - Jamaica Independance 2021
- No reviews.
- Secret Space
Get ready to wave your Jamaican flag, as The Jerk Festival presents the biggest music and street food day-to-night party that will have you eating, dancing and drinking Guinness Punch all day long. The Jerk Festival is proud to present a brand new celebration for Birmingham, welcome to Jamaica Independence Festival 2021.
HEADLINE ACT TBA//REGGAE SOUNDSYSTEM//DANCEHALL// REGGAE// SOCA //BRUNCH AND HIP HOP//TROPICAL MUNCH//R&B BRUNCH//COCO SUNDAY DJS AND MCS// FREE FACE PAINTING FOR KIDS//FREE RETRO ARCADE GAMES TO PLAY// FREE WHISTLES AND HORNS FOR FIRST 100 PPL//TOP CARIBBEAN & BBQ JERK TRADERS//RUM PUNCH//GUINNESS PUNCH//JAMAICAN BEER//AND A CLOSING EVENING CLUB NIGHT.
Carnival tastes and vibes brace Birmingham soil on Saturday 7th August as The Jerk Festival fires out a super-sharp gathering celebrating 57 years of Independence, the Jamaica Independence Day Festival is jam-packed with top music, delicious Caribbean Street Food and UK’s biggest BBQ Jerk Traders and more. With a headline act to be announced next month and Birmingham’s biggest DJs creating the carnival atmosphere this will be Digbeth’s biggest party of Jamaica Independence, come Summer.
The annual Jerk Festival will be back in 2022, but we thought coming out of lockdown we deserve a big fat celebration and what better way to bring the whole community together with a day-to-night party championing Island empowerment, taste, sounds and happiness. Doused down with a few Rum Cocktails, a swigger and swag to some great music from The Reggae Soundsytem flipping out the best Caribbean carnival sounds, throw in some 80's retro arcade games, free face-painting for the young ones and say hello to the regions biggest Island party!
With several multiple bars serving the best Rum Punch, Guinness Punch and Jamaican Beer and more but the star of the show will be the endless selection of amazing Street Food dishes cooked up by the very best Caribbean chefs and BBQ Jerk Traders, the day will be a feast of abundant tasty flavours, perfect on a hot Summer’s day!
But it doesn’t stop there, once the kids go home come 6pm – 10pm the party steps up (over 18’s only) as The Reggae Soundsytem hands over the main stage to present the ultimate Jamaica Independence Club Party with the biggest DJs and MC’s from Brunch’n and Hip Hop, R&B Brunch, Coco Sunday and Tropical Munch and more! Everything from Hip-Hop, Trap, Grime, Afrobeat, Swingbeat, Dub Reggae, Roots Rock Reggae, Ragga, Revival Reggae, Lovers Rock, Soca, Calypso, RNB and more will be dropped! This after-party will be on fire!
With free whistles and horns given out to the first 100 people, The Jerk Festival presents Jamaica Independence Festival will be a day to remember.
The Jerk Festival presents Jamaica Independence Festival, Saturday 10 August 12pm – 10pm, if attending with family children under 18 will not be able to attend the evening part of the festival from 7pm – 10pm (over 18s only).
Secret Outdoor Location to be announced in June, this new venue is yet to be launched in Digbeth. Tickets on sale now.
Terms and Conditions - Important Information:
12-7pm all ages welcome, from 7pm to 10pm this becomes an over 18s event.
• Dishes and flavours to be announced on our Facebook wall and website when possible leading up to the event.
• Ticket is for entry only, food and drink to be purchased separately.
• All dishes is the standard service and specific dietary requirements cannot be catered for at the event; please check with each vendor for more information.
• Please read Taste and Liquor's Full Terms & Conditions and Need to Know Information http://www.tasteandliquor.com/need-to-know-infomation-and... before purchasing your tickets or paying at the door by clicking here. By buying tickets in advance or paying at the door you have agreed to our full terms and conditions.
• Please note that photography and filming will occur on the day/evening and will feature visitors. By purchasing a ticket and attending the event, you are agreeing to the use of these images in any future promotional, advertising or publicity material.
• Please note that the venue has the right to refuse entry.
• This ticket cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer. If CV19 lockdown is to return then you will have the right to use your tickets again at a later date or accept a full refund.
|3rd Release||12:00 - 22:00||£10.00|
Secret Space, 30-43 River Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B5 5SA
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.