With Murder by Gaslight we welcome the return of ‘Don’t Go into the Cellar’, our Victorian Theatre friends who brought us brilliant sell-out performances of The Singular Exploits of Sherlock Holmes, Old Haunts and The Ghost Stories of M. R. James.
This new show is a ghoulish audience with two of the most infamous poisoners in British history – Doctors William Palmer and Harvey Crippen. You are invited to encounter these murderous men of medicine as the diabolical doctors regale you with their case histories, and leave you to judge for yourselves whether they were in fact, guilty as charged!
‘Don’t Go into the Cellar’ theatre company present the Victorian and Edwardian eras’ finest chillers and thrillers to life again! Bringing new adaptations of nineteenth-century literature’s greatest ghost and horror stories to modern-day audiences. So leave this weary, workaday world behind, Ladies and Gentlemen, and join us for some good old-fashioned thrills, chills and chuckles. But remember, whatever you do – DON’T GO INTO THE CELLAR!
"The British Empire's finest practitioners of theatrical Victoriana in the macabre vein."
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.