Shakespeare in the Garden is back at The Mill this summer with Open Bard performing the hilarious "Twelfth Night". Join us for a magical and enchanting evening of one of the Bard's best loved plays. This open-air, informal and fun-filled performance is not to be missed. Book now.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
I had high hopes for Shakespeare in the Garden and hear that in previous years it has been very good. However, I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the experience. Food service prior to the performance was so slow (1 hour wait for a single course) that we almost missed the start, and the event itself was clearly oversold. We were in the rear 1/3 of the audience and could barely see or hear a word of it - the acoustics were very poor and there was no amplification, making it entirely inappropriate for an outdoor performance to what must have been around 200 people. In the future, management would be wise to cap ticket sales at a realistic numbers.
visited The Mill on 04 Jul 2016
Reply from Shakespeare in the Garden - Twelfth Night at The Mill
Thank you for your review.
We apologise for the long wait with your food, it appeared that everyone ordered at the same time which did put a delay on service. We knew in advance the number of guests we could have watching the Shakespeare performance and we did not over sell at all. Your feedback regarding the acoustics have been noted and have been passed onto the actors and we hope next year there will be mics so that people sat further back can hear. We did stagger all the tables so that everybody could see the performance when the actors were situated at the front, but this is why there were gaps in-between as the actors like to interact with the audience. We do hope you will return next year and see a real difference. We will also be offering hampers again that can be pre-ordered thus not being a wait for food.
Shakespeare in the Garden was a fantastic experience and great fun for the whole family. The actors were brilliant and the night would not have been the same without them. The picnic was delicious and contained more than enough food for us. The only slight drawback were the long queues for drinks but this was understandable as it was very busy. I would definitely recommend as it was the most fun we have had in ages.
visited The Mill on 28 Jul 2016
It was a great night, fantastic atmosphere, brilliant acting and delicious hog roast! I took my parents as a present and they were over the moon with the night. The only reason I did not give it 5 out of 5 was that at times it almost impossible to hear what was being said. Also the food and drink queues were excessive, I understand it was very busy, but this prevented the perfect score! :) Even so I would not hesitate to book again for myself or a gift!
visited The Mill on 12 Jul 2016
15 Aug 2016 by
DesignMyNight Contact info
Ground Floor PG03
23-28 Penn Street
To contact the DesignMyNight office: