Shakespeare's stunning cities of Italy
- No reviews.
- Online Event
Did you know that 1/4 of all of Shakespeare’s plays are set in Italy? Have you ever heard of Juliet’s club in Verona or crossed Ponte di Rialto?
These places are described so wonderfully by Shakespeare in his plays, but ‘all that glistens is not gold’. Learn the shocking truths behind the romance & unlock the history behind the scandals as we virtually tour some of the most fantastic villages and cities in Italy from the comfort of your own home while chatting to a friendly live Italian guide.
From the comfort of your couch we will start by exploring the explosive streets of Sicily, the setting of the the Tempest and Much Ado About Nothing. We then virtually set sail to the capital of Italy, backdrop of Shakespeare’s 4 Roman plays.
Here we visit Fori Imperiali & The Papal Basilica of Saint Peter.
Then we steer a gondola to the bustling Calle’s of Venice, that leads us to Palazzo Ducale (Doge's Palace) for our pound of flesh. Here we would historically risk our fortune in the ghetto where Shylock and Antonio sign their infamous contract.
Just before leaving we head to the Bridge of Rialto, where we can gather word of the market below or spit at poor Shylock.
After this we head to Padoa, or as Shakespeare describes it ‘Fair Padua, nursery of arts’ where we visit one of the oldest Universities in the world and the terrifying Anatomical Theatre within.
Finally in fair Verona, where we lay our scene, we travel to the city where civil blood makes civil hands unclean, the backdrop of the most famous love story in the world.
1 hour Virtual Tour Ticket
|18:00 - 19:00||£5.00|
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.