CINESTOCK OPEN AIR CINEMA - Life of Pi
- No reviews.
- Weirwood Sailing Club
We're very excited to be returning to one of our favorite venues in the South East, for some lake side screenings of great films under the stars in this stunning location. We've selected a great film to watch lake side with this modern timeless classic and great coming of age film ‘The Life of Pi’.
Sit back relax lake side, watch the sun set over the lake as you listen to fantastic live music before the screening of this excellent and family friendly film.
THE LIFE OF PI -
In Canada, a writer visits the Indian storyteller Pi Patel and asks him to tell his life story. Pi tells the story of his childhood in Pondicherry, India, and the origin of his nickname. One day, his father, a zoo owner, explains that the municipality is no longer supporting the zoo and he has hence decided to move to Canada, where the animals the family owns would also be sold.
They board on a Japanese cargo ship with the animals and out of the blue, there is a storm, followed by a shipwrecking. Pi survives in a lifeboat with a zebra, an orangutan, a hyena and a male Bengal tiger nicknamed Richard Parker. They are adrift in the Pacific Ocean, with aggressive hyena and Richard Parker getting hungry. Pi needs to find a way to survive.
THE WEIRWOOD SAILING CLUB VENUE
The Weirwood Sailing club, set on the stunning ashdown forest, is the perfect location for some of this years fantastic films. Set on the banks of the Weirwood Reservoir the Sailing club is perfect for our film screenings again this summer. Also a fantastic addition to any outdoor friendly family, were the club offers sailing, kayaking, fishing and much much more to the local community.
AMPLE FREE PARKING ONSITE
NO FOOD OR DRINK CAN BE BROUGHT ONSITE, TO THIS VENUE. FOOD AND DRINK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ONSITE ONLY
HOT FOOD/ FULL BAR INCLUDING HOT DRINKS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE NIGHT
ALLOWED TO BRING CHAIRS/ DECK CHAIRS/ CUSHIONS & RUGS (Or book one of our VIP seating options)
VIP SEATING OPTIONS
Take the hard work out of your evening, and replacing it with comfort and ease, when you book one of our two options for seating, both affordable and so much easier then bringing along all your own gear. When the film ends, all you need to do is get up and leave without lugging all your bits back to the car.
At Cinestock we like to enhance your viewing experience wherever and however we can, that’s why last season we started introducing VIP Seating. It was so popular and sold out at every screening in advance, so make sure you book early to avoid disappointment.
This year we have 2 different seating options available this season:
Firstly our simple but comfortable directors style garden chairs and secondly our ultimate luxury VIP Air beds, with their blanket and pillow for the perfect seating options under the stars.
Please be FULLY aware, that the VIP Airbed and Directors style garden chairs are the seating options only, you still MUST PURCHASE a cinema entry ticket as well for each person. This is a chair only and does not include the ticket for entry.
VIP SEATING OPTIONS MUST BE PURCHASED WITH A CINEMA TICKET AS WELL
BOTH VIP SEATING OPTIONS ARE FOR SINGLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ON CANCELLED EVENTS -
That's right at Cinestock we believe that if we have not been able to start the show, then we will refund 100% of your ticket AND booking fee, so you can purchase those great advance ticket deals, with no worries or concerns about the weather on the night. We don't know any other outdoor cinema provider that offers you that, let alone events company or promoter.
16 or over
15 or under
Admits 2 adults
Group of 3 adults
Admits 3 adults
Group of 4 adults
Admits 4 adults
Family of 2
Admits 1 adult and 1 child
Family of 3
Admits 2 adults and 1 child
Family of 4
Admits 2 adults and 2 children
Faily of 5
Admits 2 adults and 3 children
VIP Airbed, Blanket & Pillow (SEAT HIRE ONLY, NOT A CINEMA TICKET)
Our always popular Airbed, with pillow and blanket, for the ultimate seating position under the stars. (Now even cheaper than before) PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A SEAT HIRE ONLY AND NEEDS TO BE PURCHASED ALONGSIDE ONE OF CINEMA TICKET OPTIONS ABOVE.
Standard Director Style Folding chair
Our standard seat option, providing you with a comfy director style folding chair. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A CHAIR HIRE ONLY AND DOES NOT INCLUDE A CINEMA TICKET, THIS CHAIR NEEDS TO BE PURCHASED ALONGSIDE A TICKET OPTION ABOVE AS WELL)
Weir Wood Reservoir, Weir Wood, RH18 5HT
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.