Mother's Day Drag & Wine
- No reviews.
- Online Event
Is your mother... a wine lover? A fierce mama who can get down with drag queens? All of the above!? Then this is the perfect Mother's Day gift from cool kids to their even cooler mums! After all, lockdown doesn't HAVE to be a drag... why not liven things up with this no-fuss virtual event which fuses wine tasting with live music, comedy and drag - all brought to you by two of London’s most notorious nightlife characters...
An afternoon of wine tasting and musical entertainment presented by The Wicked Winos’ Beth Brickenden and drag queen Vanity von Glow. Join the fun and indulge your senses from the comfort of your own sofa. All of the wines featured are available from the big supermarkets at reasonable prices (£6-£10). Guests just have to grab their wines, fill up their glasses and settle in for an evening of sassy tasting notes, audience interaction, music and laughs! Beth and Vanity will guide newbies in the ways of wine tasting, and will give more experienced drinkers a fresh and outrageous new outlook to slurp their Sauvignon to. We promise to take your mind to the gutter and your taste buds to great heights.
No drag event online or in the flesh would be complete without at least a little audience participation, and Drag and Wine is no different! Guests are treated to a rapid-fire round of Musical Bingo featuring some of the all-time classic drag queen repertoire. Songs for you and your mum to sing along to, all whilst swigging some delicious wine!
Whether you and your parents are separated by the pandemic, or going crazy locked down in the same household, this virtual event is perfect to watch together remotely, or gathered around the laptop in the same room. Not your mum's cup of tea? Join in the fun anyway - solo, or with housemates! All levels of wine knowledge welcome. Spitting or swallowing... also optional.
You’ll get access to the one hour Drag and Wine livestream event.
You’ll get a list of three affordable wines to purchase yourself ahead of time. *available in all of the major supermarket chains.
You’ll get a free round of fabulous Musical Bingo included in the show!
You’ll get... just a little bit tipsy!
ABOUT VANITY VON GLOW:
Vanity von Glow has spent a decade at the top as a cabaret tour-de-force and one of the UK's most in demand drag queen stars. She‘s gorgeous, she’s talented, she considers herself an icon. While Beth is the expert in wine, Vanity is the expert in all things camp.
"She's an icon. A global diva. A superstar!" - Vanity von Glow
ABOUT THE WICKED WINOS and BETH BRICKENDEN:
Wines for this dazzling tasting are carefully selected by wine professionals, The Wicked Winos who have over ten years' experience working in the wine industry. On hosting duties is Irish lass Beth Brickenden - in her position as Wine Director of the celebrated Street Feast food markets for many years, she has curated extensive wine lists and managed many busy wine bars across London. Beth is the perfect host and after many years of handling drag queens knows exactly how to deal with Vanity and her massive ego.
"Such bitches!" - Vanity von Glow
Mother's Day Drag & Wine: Drag Queen Wine Tasting
Online wine tasting... with a twist!
|17:00 - 18:00||£10.00|
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.