Lady Herbert's Garden Party
- Lady Herbert's Garden
THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT
Join Historic Coventry Trust for a special garden party to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the opening of Lady Herbert's Garden.
Lady Herbert's was first opened to the public in 1931 by local industrialist and philanthropist Sir Alfred Herbert. Sir Alfred created the garden in memory of his late wife Florence, to be a 'haven of peace and floral beauty' in the city centre. Alongside the recent restoration works on the medieval city gates that sit within the site, Historic Coventry Trust are committed to realising Sir Alfred's vision for the garden as a treasured green space in the city for the community to enjoy.
In celebration of Lady Herbert’s Garden’s 90th anniversary Historic Coventry Trust are hosting a special garden party on the lawn, where Esquires Coffee will be serving traditional afternoon teas to guests.
Each afternoon tea per person will include:
We also have a children’s menu available:
When purchasing an afternoon tea, guests are asked to book their time slot. Pre-booking for this event is essential, and ticket sales will close on the 11th June.
This is an outdoor event held on the garden lawn, so guests are encouraged to wear sensible shoes as the ground is uneven in places. All tables will be covered by an umbrella in case of rain, but guests are reminded to wear weather appropriate clothing.
Guests with reduced mobility are advised that there are sets of steps to access the lawn for this event and that the ground is uneven in places.
There are no toilet facilities directly on site, guests are advised to use nearby public toilets.
There is no onsite parking, guests arriving by car are advised to use the White Street Car Park opposite the garden. There are also nearby public transport links, the nearest bus stop being the Hales Street (HS3) Stop.
We require 48-hour notice for any booking cancellations, and we are unable to offer refunds for tickets cancelled after this time. In the unlikely event that Lady Herbert’s Garden Party is cancelled, guests will still be able to receive their afternoon teas to take away and will be informed of the details in that eventuality.
Lady Herbert's Garden, Hales Street, Coventry, CV1 1JQ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded less than 48 hours before the event.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue operates a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.