Sex, drugs and other things I never do - TheatreFest 2019
- No reviews.
- Castle Centre
We don’t always get the ending we want in life.
Simon is 31 years old. In his head he feels 18. By this age he thought he’d have his dream flat, dream girl and dream job. He’s single, lives at home and performs comedy for a living (one out of three isn’t bad).
If you’re the kind of person (ie a living human) who feels younger in your head than the age you would tell people, this is the show for you. The show is designed to make you laugh and think in equal measure – and you’ll laugh a lot. I mean, I’m biased but I think it’s hilarious.
About the performer
Simon Caine has been performing stand up for over 8 years. He’s done over 1,300 gigs and has done 2 Edinburgh Fringe solo shows (full runs) as well as 2 subsequent national tours.
Here’s a list of awards he’s come close to winning: finalist in the Laughing Horse New Act (2014), Reading New Act Competition (2012), You Must Be Joking (2011) as well as a two-time finalist at the London Comedy Store Gong Show.
Quotes from industry / comedians / writers -
“You’re a more authentic John Oliver” - comedian Doug Stanhope
“That was awesome. I liked it… I don’t know why. But it was great. I’ll have you back” – Mike Manera (Piccadilly Comedy Club)
“What you’re doing is great… the problem is nobody understands it.” – Iain Coyle (Dave TV Comedy Commissioner)
“This is one of the few comedians to make me howl with laughter this year…” – comedian Adam Bloom
“Keep an eye on what Simon does because in 3 years time everybody else will be trying to do it.” – Stu Goldsmith
|Unreserved seating||17:30 - 18:30||£6.00|
Castle Centre, 25 Castle Street, Barnstaple, Barnstaple, EX31 1DR
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.