With the perfect blend of traditional and modern features – The Poacher is popular for families and friends alike. The brand-new outdoor terrace area offers non-stop views of the Kent countryside, with easy access to the Burger Shack & Bar and children’s play area. Inside, you’ll find floor…
- No reviews.
- The Poacher & The Partridge
Join us for a very special night of comedy and the very first event to be held in our newly renovated and spacious terrace area. Specially created with nights like this in mind, our festive Comedy Night will be the first of many exciting events to come.
Book dinner before and dine from our Early Bird Festive Menu at £23 per person for a 3 course dinner.
Wilson - Support
Wilson burst on to the stand up comedy scene in November 2011, quickly getting to the final of the ‘max Turner prize’ in just his fourth gig. At first he comes across as a cheeky chappie, but it doesn’t take long to realise that Wilson has a lot more strings to his bow – a mixture of sharp observations, pinpoint accents and curveball one liners that suit all types of audience.
“smart, charismatic and a huge hit with audiences at up the creek. wilson is fast becoming a great name to watch out for”-david geli, up the creek comedy club
Paul Pirie - Headliner
Paul Pirie began his stand-up career after giving up acting to pursue the funny man that lies within, quickly establishing himself on the Scottish comedy circuit before lauching onto the UK comedy scene. It should be pointed out that when Paul started stand-up in 2004 he was living with his Gran, having given away the keys to his flat in a pub quiz. Since this time Paul’s career has encompassed TV, Film and Radio alongside his burgeoning skill as a stand-up with Paul emerging as one of the biggest Scottish acts on the UK comedy circuit.
“Fizzing with energy and spewing out one-liners like he had just scoffed a dodgy prawn, Pirie is a man we will be seeing more of” – Daily Record
“His delivery is superb” – Chortl
Russell Hicks - Compere
Anyone who has seen Russell Hicks knows that it is never the same show twice. Taking a different approach to most comedians, Russell Hicks weaves improvisation with stream of conscious delivery that has moved many audience members to return for two nights in a row. Nothing in this biography can do his act justice other than to say, you just have to see him live.
“Astonishing, astonishing and astonishing. He simply took the roof of the place leaving people talking about his act all night. His entire 20 minutes was totally improvised based entirely on audience interaction. It did help that we had one member of the audience who looked like the twin brother of Larry David from Curb Your Enthusiasm and provided Russell with so much material to improv on. Based on this one gentlemens comments, Russell created a world where he is doing a West End show about willy-helicopters, the 28th October is now International Toothpaste Day and his performance last night was just a figment of the gentlemans imagination. The audience were at times almost collapsing with laughter on the floor and I was one of them. Watching Russell Hicks last night was reminiscent of watching early Ross Noble on stage. Brilliant” Cheeky Monkey Comedy Club
Doors open from 7pm for seating, performance starts at 8pm.
|The Poacher Comedy Night||20:00 - 22:00||£15.00|
Hartlake Road, TN11 0PH
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.