In the heart of Maidstone town centre, The Herbalist offers an extraordinary open-plan dining experience. With a buzzing stage kitchen and unique & modern interior it really is the place for culinary discovery and one of the only places around where you can enjoy real tank beer delivered directly…
- No reviews.
- The Herbalist & Junipers
Paul Pirie - Headliner
Paul Pirie began his stand-up career after giving up acting to pursue the funny man that lies within, quickly establishing himself on the Scottish comedy circuit before launching onto the UK comedy scene. It should be pointed out that when Paul started stand-up in 2004 he was living with his Gran, having given away the keys to his flat in a pub quiz. Since this time Paul’s career has encompassed TV, Film and Radio alongside his burgeoning skill as a stand-up with Paul emerging as one of the biggest Scottish acts on the UK comedy circuit.
“Fizzing with energy and spewing out one-liners like he had just scoffed a dodgy prawn, Pirie is a man we will be seeing more of” – Daily Record
“His delivery is superb” – Chortle
Leo Kearse - Support
Scottish Comedian of the Year Leo Kearse is part of the new wave of raw, bold, American-inspired comedians taking the big UK clubs by storm – doing weekends/headlining for The Comedy Store, Glee, Hot Water, Just The Tonic, Top Secret – and abroad, with 2018 taking in 20 countries. He’s written for BBC comedy including Sam Delaney’s News Thing, Question Time, Breaking The News, Mock The Week and Mash Report.
“Kearse is seriously good. Quick, funny, smart and to the point…hilarious” Kate Copstick, The Scotsman
Russell Hicks - Compere
Anyone who has seen Russell Hicks knows that it is never the same show twice. Taking a different approach to most comedians, Russell Hicks weaves improvisation with stream of conscious delivery that has moved many audience members to return for two nights in a row. Nothing in this biography can do his act justice other than to say, you just have to see him live.
“Astonishing, astonishing and astonishing. He simply took the roof of the place leaving people talking about his act all night. His entire 20 minutes was totally improvised based entirely on audience interaction. It did help that we had one member of the audience who looked like the twin brother of Larry David from Curb Your Enthusiasm and provided Russell with so much material to improv on. Based on this one gentlemens comments, Russell created a world where he is doing a West End show about willy-helicopters, the 28th October is now International Toothpaste Day and his performance last night was just a figment of the gentlemans imagination. The audience were at times almost collapsing with laughter on the floor and I was one of them. Watching Russell Hicks last night was reminiscent of watching early Ross Noble on stage. Brilliant” Cheeky Monkey Comedy Club
Doors open from 7pm for seating, performance starts at 8pm.
We will be offering 25% off food before the event for all ticket holders.
|Junipers Comedy night||20:00 - 22:00||£10.00|
27 High Street, 1-9 Pudding Lane, ME14 1JF
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.