John Magee - The story of High Flight
- Petwood Hotel
Come and hear the story of the most famous Spitfire pilot you have never heard of.
Born in 1922 to missionary parents in Shanghai, of an American father and English mother, RAF fighter pilot John Gillespie Magee became known as one of the most famous poets of WWII with his poem 'High Flight'. Come and hear the story of this remarkable man and the work of the John Gillespie Magee Foundation which works to preserve his legacy.
"Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...put out my hand, and touched the face of God."
|Adult||17:30 - 22:00||£5.00|
Petwood Hotel, Stixwould Road, LN10 6QG
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, The Petwood Hotel, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the The Petwood Hotel.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The Petwood Hotel reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the Petwood Hotel or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, The Petwood Hotel, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The Petwood Hotel operates a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, Petwood Hotel, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 16 years of age. Identification may be required.