After 18 years under a groove Funkademia comes of age on Saturday 23rd November.
In November 1995 promoter Dave Payne launched his fledging night on a cold & blustery Sunday night in the Boardwalk nightclub, Manchester. To celebrate Funkademia’s 18th birthday on the 23rd November, the club is throwing open its guest list to both ends of the clubbing spectrum. Anyone with a membership or ticket stub from the original nights at the Boardwalk and babes in arms from that year who are celebrating their 18th birthdays can come and join our party for free.
As per that very first night the original DJ Payney will be taking to the decks alongside David Dunne, who was the front man at Manchester leading radio station in 1995 at Kiss 102. The Good for the Soul boys and the rest of the Funkademia DJ stable will be also dropping in to play their favourite tracks of the last 18 years. In the back room our much loved sister night Northern Funk will also be making an appearance with Myk Nolan taking care of business.
46-50 Oldham Street Northern Quarter, Manchestere, M4 1LE
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Medial Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employeers are expressely released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.