Best Event 2014/15 - DesignMyNight Awards London is full of 'secret' bars and clubs masquerading as speakeasies. However, you won't get closer to a real jazz age experience than with The Candlelight Club. So secret it is; that you won't even be told the directions to the venue until a few days before…
The Candlelight Club's Halloween Ball
The Jazz Age crowd loved nothing better than a fancy dress party—and what better excuse than Halloween? Join the Candlelight Club, London's pop-up 1920s speakeasy, for a seasonal spooktacular special in a candle-filled vintage east London venue with two rooms of entertainment.
In the Ballroom there will be live music from Champagne Charlie and the Bubbly Boys, eerie dance performances from the Gatsby Girls and sepulchral DJing from the Bee's Knees.
Meanwhile in the Cabaret Lounge there will be a live performance from the Creep Quartet—a string quartet playing horror movie themes—followed by two cabaret variety shows hosted by Weimar Androgyne Victor Victoria, and featuring gothic burlesque from Suri Sumatra, uncanny magic from Neil Kelso and superhuman circus skills from Jess Love.
Elsewhere we’ll have tarot readings from Lucius and Foxglove, ready to reveal the full horror of your future, and sketch artist Daniela waiting to capture you in your ghoulish finery (better keep that portrait in the attic as you may find yourself staying mysteriously youthful…).
You can buy just an Entry Ticket to come for drinks and dancing, or you can choose to add the three-course set menu, which includes a table reservation (note that your table may be shared with other guests). Alternatively you can reserve your own table for a fee that includes Champagne, but not the set menu: small tables will seat up to five people and come with a bottle of house Champagne. Large tables will seat up to ten and come with two bottles of house Champagne. (Note that table reservation fees are on top of the entry ticket.) In addition to the pre-order set menu, there are sharing platters that can be preordered for reserved tables, plus a small menu of bar snacks that anyone can order from on the night. All the reservable tables will be in the Ballroom, but if you have reserved a table you are free to leave it to go and see what is happening elsewhere in the building, and your table will remain reserved for you when you return. There are additional tables in the Cabaret Lounge that are not reservable but freely available to all comers.
As with all Candlelight Club events, guests are encouraged to dress in 1920s outfits—and for this event you may wish to add a Halloween twist.
Ticket holders get an email two days before revealing the location.
More at www.thecandlelightclub.com
Ball entry ticket
Covers entry and entertainment to one of our ball events
|19:00 - 00:00||£30.00|
Reserve a small table
A table reserved for your use all night, suitable for 2–5 people. Includes a bottle of house Champagne. If you reserve a table you can also order sharing platters of food for the table: you'll see this option later on. All guests also require an entry ticket.
|19:00 - 00:00||£75.00|
Reserve a large table
A table reserved for your use all night, suitable for up to ten people. Includes two bottles of house Champagne. If you reserve a table you can also order sharing platters of food for the table: you'll see this option later on. All guests also require an entry ticket
|19:00 - 00:00||£150.00|
Ball dinner option - 7.30pm
A three-course set menu (with a vegetarian alternative) including a table reservation for 7.30pm. NOTE that you may be sharing a table with other guests. All guests also require an entry ticket. You will be sent the menu options and asked for your choices a few days before the event.
|19:00 - 00:00||£40.00|
Ball dinner option - 8.30pm
A three-course set menu (with a vegetarian alternative) including a table reservation for 8.30pm. NOTE that you may be sharing a table with other guests. All guests also require an entry ticket. You will be sent the menu options and asked for your choices a few days before the event.
|19:00 - 00:00||£40.00|
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.