The Candlelight Club is a clandestine pop-up party with a 1920s speakeasy flavour, in a secret London venue completely lit by candles. With the banning of alcohol in the US, many top bartenders left the country to find work. Some landed in Paris bringing American cocktails and jazz to mingle with European bohemia. Famous US drinkers like Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald drifted here too, along with scandalous dancer Josephine Baker who found the French more accepting than her countrymen. Live music will come from French smoothie Benoit Viellefon and his Orchestraand to celebrate the city's famous connection with art, we will see the return of our famous Tablecloth Painting Competition, with a prize for the finest artwork (crayons and felt tips will be provided)
Each event offers a one-off cocktail menu with special themes, plus live period jazz bands and vintage vinylism. Guests are encouraged to dress in 1920s outfits. Ticket holders get an email two days before revealing the location.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.