Welcome to the wonderful world of The Rah Rah Room, formerly the iconic Pigalle Club in London’s salubrious St James, Piccadilly. This beautiful late night London venue is the original supper club, where the world's most famous artists performed and was home to London’s party elite. Bringing back…
MILK & HONEY
- Rah Rah Room
- No reviews.
Karousel Music and SESAC in association with The Electric Carousel Present...
MILK & HONEY at Rah Rah Room
The brand new season of Karousel Music’s legendary MILK & HONEY showcases, in association with our great friends at SESAC, kicks off to a flying start in the heart of Piccadilly. Two K(C)arousel’s under one glam Rah Rah Room roof!
// SHEL /// THESE REIGNING DAYS /// FIONA BEVAN /// // HE IS A PEGASUS ///
Karousel Music is a non profit organisation dedicated to promoting a better environment for songwriters, artists and budding music business pros. All proceeds from the tickets sale go directly to the artists.
// SHEL ///
<"Ever Wonder What Would Happen IfYou Took The Dixie Chicks' Tight Harmonies…Then Added Them To Taylor SwiftTimes Four? Well…That The Answer Is Shel!" - MTV Buzzworthy
“Hold On - (One Of The) Most Intriguing Tracks Of The Week” - Usa Today
“Shel Mesmerizes…” - La La Scoop
“4 Fab Females” - Huffington Post
“Hypnotic” - American Songwriter
SHEL's latest track You Could Be My Baby, is creating something of a storm on both sides of the pond. Raised on an abandoned trailer park that the family restored and turned into a farm, the four sisters had an unconventional and imaginative upbringing in Colorado. A synergetic band made up of four completely different individuals… "four sisters, traveling the world, tellin' tales, and sharing a dream." Having recently relocated to Nashville, SHEL is currently recording their second full length album with Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics, who said, “I have never come across such talented siblings that play and work together as one cohesive unit. SHEL are all exceptionally gifted musicians, singers and outstanding individuals. They blow my mind with their creativity. They are the best example of DIY I’ve ever come across with their songwriting, sound production, homemade videos and original costume designs. I can truly say, these sisters are doing it for themselves.” https://www.facebook.com/iloveshel
/// THESE REIGNING DAYS ///
“Supple, Layered Rock With A Taste ForThe Epic. Pulsating Electro Shadings Subtly Counter The Dazed Guitar AndTranscendent Lyric” The Daily Mirror“…An Incredible Band. I’m A Massive, Massive Fan .” James Santer, BBC Introducing
Epic, anthemic stadium rock, These Reigning Days are currently being play listed on radio stations all over the world and their recent single “Thrones” enjoyed airplay on Radio 1 and XFM in the UK, was BBC Introducing’s download of the week, and internationally on stations such as The World Famous KROQ in LA and Flux FM in Berlin. “Thrones” was also used by EA Games in their FIFA 2015 Goals of the Week You Tube feature and has already notched up nearly a million views. The single “Opera of Love” was featured by the BBC throughout the Winter Olympics coverage and they have had songs appear in major feature films and US reality TV shows. The band have toured with The Feeling and played at Glastonbury, Liverpool Sound City, Go North and Boardmasters; and in September they headlined V-Rox festival in Vladivostok, Russia November 2014 saw the guys play a headline tour in Europe, and in January of this year they headlined the Emerge tour with Viacom/VH1 in Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai. What a way to close the night
/// FIONA BEVAN ///
When Fiona played our show at The Phoenix last year, it was one of those moments where you could see people looking round at each other, puffing their cheeks out in approval. The first thing you’ll probably read if you search for Fiona is that she wrote Little Things for One Direction with Ed Sheeran. Now that’s all good and well, but what you really should be reading about is her record, Talk To Strangers. As the Guardian put it so well, it’s decorated with “startling odysseys that suggest Erykah Badu, Joanna Newsom and Kate Bush spine-tinglingly joined". Describing herself as ‘pop in disguise’, within five seconds of seeing her live you know you’re watching the real deal. A wonderful musician with a unique voice and a magnetism on stage that sets her apart from her contemporaries. Fiona is currently immersed in writing for the next album, and we may get some sneaky peeks the new material tonight. In the meantime, check out previous singles from Talk To Strangers, Rebel Without A Cause, and killer first single The Machine. The whole album has the wonderfully weaved lyrics of a superb observer, the class of years gone by, but all stitched together with a modern production that holds it immediately up with the best of what's being released right now. http://fionabevan.co.uk/
// HE IS A PEGASUS ///
Something of a find here, David Butler - aka HE IS A PEGASUS - came to our attention at a recent Indigo Sessions show. He has a ferocious amount of energy, so much so that it’s hard to believe you’re hearing one man on an electric guitar, and not a whole band. Citing influences from Muse to M83, Jeff Buckley to Bon Iver, and all the way back to old Southern USA plantation songs, this is an exciting new artist who is currently about to start making his first proper full on recording at Ray Davies’ legendary Konk studio with Dougal Lott. We’re extremely excited to bring you an artist who at just 23 is already an extremely powerful live performer and writer.
MILK & HONEY
DATE: Wednesday 16th September 2015
DOORS: 7.30pm-11pm, £6 adv, £4 adv Concessions (MU, FAC, BASCA, PRS, NUS Members)
MU, FAC, BASCA, PRS, NUS Members
215-217 Piccadilly W1J 9HN
Piccadilly Circus (Tube)
215-217 Piccadilly W1J 9HN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Thanks for your review. You've earned 10 points! Check your balance here.