Originally built as a bank, the returns on your money at The Spread Eagle Croydon are better now than ever. Now one of the best pubs in Croydon, this beautiful Grade II listed building is home to one of the finest pub playhouses, showcasing the very best in theatre, comedy and film - check out the events…
The Ugly Animal Preservation Society
A night of stand-up comedy with a conservation twist!
The UGLY ANIMAL PRESERVATION SOCIETY is an evening dedicated to raising the profile of some of Mother Nature’s more aesthetically challenged children. The panda gets too much attention. Croydon needs a minging mascot, one to rival the cute and cuddly emblems of many charities and organisations. So we have gathered a terrific line up of comedians who will each champion a different ugly endangered species and at the end of the evening, you, the audience get vote. Democracy, but more fun.
“You can help these mingers by choosing one animal to stand-up for all the other uglies in the animal kingdom.” - Simon Watt
So, this is how it works. Each night has about six acts and an MC (president for life, Simon Watt). All the comedians have ten minutes to humorously champion an endangered ugly species of their choice and convince the audience that their animal should become the society’s emblem. At the end, the audience votes for what is to become the local branch’s mascot.
Previous acts have includes, Sarah Pascoe, Suzi Ruffell, Ellie Taylor, Raymond Mearns, Helen Arney, Dan Schrieber, Iszi Lawrence, Steve Mould, Jonny Berliner, Sarah Bennetto, Bec Hill, Ian Stirling, Steve Cross, Dean Burnett, Kevin Fong and many, many more.
|The Ugly Animal Preservation Society||19:30 - 22:30||£8.00|
39-41 Katharine Street CR0 1NX
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.