Activity, Something A Little Different, Themed Nights, Theatre/Arts
Splutter Theatre presents:
"We the living are here for you, We the living are your friends, We the living won't leave you."
Splutter invites you into the basement for a spine tingling, heart stopping, secret immersive horror experience. An abandoned building. A violent death. A newly discovered haunting past. Together we will unleash the evil forces that have blighted this building for far too long, and cleanse ourselves of whatever lurks in the dank shadows. There truly is hell to pay. Don't say you weren't warned.
Drinks on sale after the show to settle your shattered nerves!
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Nerve-racking doesn't begin to sum up the sinister experience found at The Harrowing.
For some, the idea of hoofing it down to a web-ridden, dimly-lit basement with a bunch of strangers sounds horrific, but for me... it sounds like another...
I really enjoyed the idea of this show and parts were very well executed. However, as other reviewers have commented, the end was rushed and rather confusing. We too were left confused as to whether it had indeed ended. Overall I wasn't disappointed that I went but it wasn't as good as expected and I would be in two minds as to whether I would recommend it to someone thinking of going. That said, for the price you don't have a great deal to lose by giving it a shot.
visited CoLab Factory on 04 Mar 2017
What a let down. Far to short. A messy finish that left everyone confused as to if it had actually ended. And no one in a group was the least bit scared. I don't wat the show the 4 star reviews saw, but it can't have been this.
visited CoLab Factory on 11 Mar 2017
Reply from The Harrowing - An Immersive Horror Experience
Really sorry you didn't enjoy the show. As a company we're always looking for ways to improve , and make the show better as we continue on the run. If you do have any specific feed back we'd love to hear it. You can contact us at email@example.com.
A great little experience! There were about 5 other people in the show I went to and we were all terrified just going in. The actors were brilliant and creepy! It was a fun way to spend an hour and I loved the bar at the end to chat with the other people in the experience about the show.
a picture paints a thousand words...as does this stunning piece of theatre. Splutter Theatre's use of sparse and refreshing language beautifully encapsulates what it means to produce immersive theatre that depends on the agency of its audience to thrive, and that it did. The writing was enhanced by the convincing performances, and I'd recommend this to all of my friends and families
This was properly frightening - eerie setting, believable writing, great acting, interesting idea. My friends and I loved it. Definitely worth seeing if being scared is your thing or you like good experimental theatre.
visited CoLab Factory on 07 Mar 2017
Splutter theatre are really pushing the boundaries in new immersive horror and I've not seen anything done quite like this before but it really works!
Totally worth a visit- they are a company to keep an eye on, can't wait to see what they do next!
Horrible - I wish I could say that in the Horror sense. The reality of it is that the staff is rude and really do not value the time of the people that pay tickets to go see the show. We arrived at the designated time and rang the bell for 10 minutes before someone showed and told us that we are late and cannot be admitted.
What's more, the Ben Hudson, the Creative Producer of the show, later informed us that refunds or transfers are not part of policy. So wait a sec. Let's recap:
- Arrived on time
- Was denied entry on grounds that we are late
- No refund was offered
If you respect yourself as a consumer, don't support such behaviours.
visited CoLab Factory on 05 Mar 2017
Good intro setting the scene and people were genuinely scared throughout the performance, so it certainly has fright impact! The close felt a bit rushed but when you consider this isn't a 100 person production, the crew did as well as they could in the limited time available. Would definitely go to another CoLab event.
visited CoLab Factory on 28 Feb 2017
SCARED THE HELL OUT OF US....and we actually like horror films. Really great story line, team of actors and set-up. Loved our experience and wont be forgetting any time soon. Agree with the review below but it's actually an element that made me enjoy it more.
Great beginning and middle. Ended confusingly (we weren't sure it had ended) - otherwise would've been 5*
I've been to four CoLab performances and will go to more. Just wish the ending had had slightly more closure!
visited CoLab Factory on 03 Mar 2017