The Colonel Fawcett is a traditional British pub situated on Randolph Street in Camden. The venue boasts two large outdoor areas, a function room and a lounge bar / dining area, all of which are available for hire on request. The venue can cater for anything from couples to small groups, and anything…
Good Ship Comedy presents Bec HIll
Australian-born and now London-based, Bec has gained a cult following in Australia, the UK and Ireland thanks to her acclaimed solo shows and hugely popular YouTube videos, which have garnered over 200,000 views globally. She has a talent for incorporating arts and crafts into her stand-up routines; creating a unique and unforgettable comedy style that she calls “paper-puppetry”.
In the lat couple of years, she appeared at London’s famous Union Chapel with Alan Davies, Jimmy Carr and Kevin Eldon, and Galway’s Black Box Theatre alongside Milton Jones, Rob Delaney and Abandoman. She was also the support act for “Axis of Awesome” on their UK tour and co-host of Sky’s DC Fancast. Bec can also be found as a guest on the 2nd series of "Dara O'Briain's Go 8 Bit", a judge on "Sam & Mark's Big Friday Wind-Up", and the voice of several characters in "Mass Effect: Andromeda". She also appeared in several series of CBBC's “The Dog Ate My Homework”, and starred in the Sundance UK Grand Jury Prize winning short film "Russian Roulette".
“Bec Hill: exuberant, daft and inventive.” ★★★★ The Scotsman
“There’s something special about Bec Hill.” ★★★★ The Times
Still only 21 years old, Tom Lucy is one of the youngest professional comedians in the world. Having already established himself on the UK comedy circuit at clubs such as The Comedy Store, The Glee Club and Komedia, Lucy has had a remarkable impact on the scene since his first gig at the tender age of 16. As well as performing all over the UK, Lucy has toured internationally in the Middle East, Ireland, Switzerland, Germany and a stint at the world famous Comedy Cellar in New York, USA.
In 2015, at the age of 18, Lucy became the youngest ever comedian to be signed to Off The Kerb – the UK’s biggest comedy agency. He went on to win the prestigious Leicester Mercury Comedian of the Year award in 2016 at just 19. In 2017, Lucy took his debut solo show to the Edinburgh Festival selling out the entire run, adding extra shows and winning The Sun’s Best New Comedian at the Fringe. The rest of the year saw him supporting Jack Whitehall on his UK & Ireland arena tour.
2018 sees Tom supporting Kevin Bridges across the UK on his national tour and taking his second solo show to the Edinburgh Festival.
“Watch him live and you’ll quickly understand the excitement” The Guardian
“Outstanding young comic and one to watch. Headed for great things!” Harry Hill
“Tom Lucy has obvious star quality…Self-awareness beyond his years” Chortle
PAUL F TAYLOR
The award winning Paul F Taylor is a one of the UK’s most exciting and distinctive stand-up performers. His unique brand of humour fuses quirky offbeat one liners with surreal observational flights of fancy to fantastical effect. Winner of NATY New Act Of The Year for 2013 and GQ Magazine’s comedian of the week, Paul’s persona of a lost bewildered fool sits perfectly alongside his gleefully madcap ideas.
“A welter of daft, Harry Hill-like ideas and diversions & chucks characters around with the agility of the Pajama Men.” The Independent
“Wickedly funny and astute observational comedy.” GQ
Patrick is a bold and inventive character and sketch act who performs regularly on London's alternative comedy circuit, as well as making appearances at Latitude, Glastonbury, End of the Road, Green Man, Cornbury, and Machynlleth Comedy Festival. Having started comedy as a member of University sketch revue, The Leeds Tealights, Patrick went solo in 2012 performing irreverent and off-kilter theatrical stand-up.
"A comic on the crest of a wave." Fest
"A voice so expressive it seemed to simply invite laughter." Three Weeks
Joanne McNally, Ireland’s fastest rising comedy star, recently finished a national tour of her one woman sell out show Bite Me which was nominated for multiple Dublin Fringe Festival awards including Best Performer, Best Production and the First Fortnight Award.
Joanne burst onto the comedy scene in 2014 and, in less than a year in the business, became the newest co-host on RTÉ 2’s flagship comedy show Republic of Telly, co-wrote and starred in the stage show Separated At Birth, a comedy about her adoption, and sold out her first ever solo stand up show in Dublin. Since then she has gone on to perform alongside some of the biggest comedians in the business including Kevin Bridges, Dara O Briain, Rich Hall and Jason Byrne.
"Our most exciting new comedian." The Irish Times
"Hilarious, dark, edgy, strangely re-assuring." Irish Independent
AND YOUR RESIDENT HOST:
BEN VAN DER VELDE
Standing a statutesque five foot five inches high (not in heels) and weighing in at eleven stone (on a good day) Ben is the current light-middleweight contender for compering champion of Kilburn. He has his sights set on becoming the challenger for the Camden title in 2018.
“Wonderfully improvised riffs showcasing his impressive spontaneity and sharp tongue.” Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
“The perfect comedy club host – he is a master of audience interaction. The audience weren’t just warmed up, but pretty hysterical even before the first act of the night hit the stage.” Huffington Post
|Advanced Ticket||20:00 - 22:45||£5.00|
1 Randolph Street NW1 0SS
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.