The Bedford in Balham was built in 1931 and following a multi-million-pound refurbishment reopened in 2018. One of the best venues for live music, comedy and wrestling in the city. A fresh seasonal menu will fuel you for an evening of dancing. Some of the hottest new music acts fill the club roomon…
Cheerful Earful Podcast Festival (day 4)
- No reviews.
- The Bedford
Welcome to Cheerful Earful!
Cheerful Earful is a new 4-day podcast festival taking place in London this Autumn. Celebrating funny shows, big & small, the aim is to give audiences the chance to watch their favourite podcasters live, as well as discovering new shows.
Staged across a number of venues owned by 'Three Cheers Pub Co', who host iconic comedy nights including 'Banana Cabaret' and 'Always Be Comedy'.
Thursday 6th-Sunday 9th Oct
Day four: The Bedford Pub
We Can't Talk About That Right Now (13:00) Adelicious Main Stage
Join sisters Bebe and Jessie Cave as they discuss things they shouldn't.
Legitimate Likes (14:00) Podfollow Stage
With special guest: Lottie Below
We look at some of humanity's most popular fascinations - across everything from pop culture to pastimes to the way the world is run - and decide whether they really, truly deserve so much of our attention.
We Are History (15:00) Adelicious Main Stage
The less-than-serious history podcast with stand up comedian Angela Barnes (The News Quiz, Mock The Week and Live at The Apollo) and writer John O'Farrell (An Utterly Impartial History of Britain, Things Can Only Get Better, Spitting Image). In each podcast our two history nerds discuss, explain and laugh at interesting and quirky episodes from the olden days, such as East German Nudism, Spy Pigeons or Vlad the Impaler. Angela and John’s in-depth knowledge of world history has been described as ‘laughable’ - and now they read the history books so that you don't have to. The We Are History podcast - not as world-changing as the Black Death, but slightly funnier.
The Comedy Arcade (16:00) Podfollow Stage
With guests: Thom Tuck, Rich Hardisty, Runi Talwar, Leslie Ewing-Burgesse & Paul Watson.
Edinburgh fringe sell out show comes to Balham. Part game show and part chat show. Your host, London Welsh comedian Vix Leyton, holds an ever-changing numbered list of 30 possible subjects - from every day to current affairs - and invites five comics to compete to take the mic with stories, anecdotes, jokes or even songs, like a parlour game at the best fantasy dinner party you could ever imagine.
The game - fun.
The rules - highly convoluted.
The laughs - constant.
"Lives up to its billing likening it to a fabulous dinner party. Punters feel they are among spontaneously funny friends rather than hearing well-rehearsed professional anecdotes. We know these stories - and this particular alchemy - will not be repeated again." ★★★★ (Steve Bennett, Chortle)
Pappy’s Flatshare Slamdown (17:00) Adelicious Main Stage
Pappy’s Flatshare Slamdown is the hilarious and anarchic panel game hosted by award-winning sketch heroes Pappy’s and featuring great guests from the world of comedy.
Set in Pappy’s flat – with landlord Matthew in charge – each show sees unruly tenants Ben and Tom battle to avoid doing an annoying household chore. To help them in this exciting high-stakes contest they force their houseguests to take sides and help them fight it out over a number of stupid games.
“Miles funnier than any panel show on TV or radio.” Time Out
“Like Basil Brush meets the Young Ones.” Evening Standard
Pappy's will also be appearing on Birthday Girls House Party at 7pm so come and join the fun for a Birthday Girls/ Pappy's double crossover whammy!'
Birthday Girls House Party (19:00) Adelicious Main Stage
Comedy sketch group Birthday Girls invite you to their house party. Expect late-night chats with nothing off-limits, veggie Scotch eggs and party legends.
Birthday Girls will also be appearing on Pappy's Flatshare Slamdown at 5pm so come and join the fun for a Birthday Girls/ Pappy's double crossover whammy!'
We are very grateful to our media partners for their support, which allows us to keep the festival free for those performing.
Adelicious (lead media partner), Podfollow, Great British Podcasts, Podbible, Podnews.
Pleasure be sure to purchase a ticket early to avoid disappointment.
The Bedford is an accessible venue, The Princess Victoria is not.
Full details, information & line-up can be found at CheerfulEarful.co.uk
Tickets are only refundable in exceptional circumstances.
For any enquiries about sponsorship, interviews or general enquiries, email email@example.com
|We Are History||15:00 - 16:00||£10.00|
|Pappy's Flatshare Slamdown||17:00 - 18:15||£11.00|
|Birthday Girls House Party||19:00 - 20:00||£11.00|
|We Can't Talk About That Right Now||13:00 - 14:00||£10.00|
|Legitimate Likes||14:00 - 15:00||£8.00|
77 Bedford Hill, SW12 9HD
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.