A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
Laugh Out London in Angel - John Kearns
- No reviews.
- The Old Queen's Head
Laugh Out London presents another night of excellent value alternative comedy headlined by the only two time Edinburgh Comedy Award Winner John Kearns
Date: Monday 23rd October 2017
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 44 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £5 advance, £7 on the door
One of our all time favourties. Multi-award winning surrealist who combines absurdism and bare humanity to beautiful effect. John made history as the first person to win the Edinburgh comedy Award best newcomer and best show awards in successive years. He returned to edinburgh this year with another incredible show, reaffirming his status as the king of absurd comedy.
Edinburgh Comedy Awards Best Show 2014 – WINNER
Edinburgh Comedy Awards Best Newcomer 2013 – WINNER
“Now THIS is how you do absurd comedy” ★★★★★ -Chortle
“A true comedy original” ★★★★ -Time Out
“Kearns could be your new king of comedy” ★★★★ – Evening Standard
A Multi-talented high energy act whose debut Edinburgh show earned her an award a best newcomer nomination. Jayde has previously won the Funny Women competition in 2014 as well as starring in her own Sky comedy short for Halloween.
Edinburgh Comedy Awards Best Newcomer Nominee 2016
“a highly original voice and is unafraid to mix lowbrow, explicit anecdotes with the emotionally intimate” ★★★★★ – Three Weeks
“Fearless force of nature” – The Independent
“Adams has found an oddball niche with excellent underdog charm” ★★★★ – The list
Australian comic, improviser and actor who won Best Newcomer at the Sydney Comedy Awards and nominated for Best Newcomer in Edinburgh and Melbourne. As seen on Top Coppers, Sky's Halloween Shorts and Whose Line is it Anyway? Australia.
“you’d need a heart of stone not to go home glowing afterwards” ★★★★ - Skinny
'An inspired and utterly original stand-up' ★★★★ - Sunday Times
“brash, bulletproof charm” ★★★★ - Telegraph
“Triple threat of performance, material and charisma. A flawless hour of comedy” ★★★★★ - Herald
Swedish comic who has popped up on on BBC 3, Channel 4 and dubbed “the Swedish Amy Schumer” by Comedy Central and featured on the BBC New Talent Hotlist 2017. She has also appeared on Comedy Central's “Stand up Central”
“Intelligent and sensitive… seamlessly weaves personal anecdotes with complex cultural and political themes… a refreshing hour of finely crafted stand-up” ★★★★ - Skinny
“Evelyn Mok proves herself to have an ambition, originality and wit that augurs well” - The Times
“Brutal and Funny” - Chortle
|Advance||19:30 - 22:30||£5.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.