A discerning Dubliner, exploring London coolest drinking dens and sharing my finds along the way.
It may be part of a well known bar group, but with a buzzing atmosphere, great drinks offers, and perhaps the friendliest staff in London, Be At One King’s Cross has a personality all of its own. The Venue: With a nifty central location on the King’s Cross end of Caledonian... Read more >
Scenario is a chic venue amid the bustle of Stoke Newington that double jobs as a stylish cocktail bar upstairs and a refurbished party bar in the basement. With events on throughout the week, from movie screenings to parties, this new bar in East London is an exciting addition to an already... Read more >
The Princess Victoria is a chic, cosy and ultimately traditional boozer located in Shepherd's Bush, with a decidedly delectable menu and an upmarket vibe, I had to try this gastro delight. The Venue The Princess Victoria is a rather regal looking pub indeed. By far one of the finest looking... Read more >
Rileys Sports Bar Haymarket is two floors of fun in the heart of the West End. A lively spot on bustling Haymarket, a recent refurbishment sees this contemporary bar become a haven for London sports fans, whether they want to sit back and watch the action on the large screen, or get... Read more >
Moo Cantina is a new bar and kitchen in Pimlico offering Argentinian steaks and street food. The new London bar is the third venture from the folks at Moo Grill, though this new addition has more of a gastro pub feel with a great selection of wines and London craft beers. Inside the bar it is... Read more >
Fancy winning a £100 bar tab at a cool West End gastro pub? Well, OBVIOUSLY. The Old Crown Public House is a rather dapper, rather cosy, rather cool boozer in London's West End. Popular with the after work crowd, shoppers from nearby Tottenham Court Road, or those looking for a chilled... Read more >
Sometimes we graft really hard here at DesignMyNight. Other times, we sample cocktails and get to call it work. Yeah, we're jammy. So it was with potent pleasure that we headed down to cool London City bar, The Folly this week, to check out their latest mixology masterpieces. First up was their... Read more >
The Whip is a new cocktail bar in Mayfair, located above newly refurbished pub The Running Horse. Carrying on the horsey theme, the bar is an ode to the Kentucky derby, with Southern equestrian decor, and a focus on the julep, the derby's traditional drink, flavoured with home-made preserves... Read more >
Cocktails, food, DJs, live music and much much more; Stokey Stop is situated right in the heart of Stoke Newington, this vibrant new bar brings concepts normally only found in the East End, to the doorstep of those who'd normally be forced into travelling across London. With an extensive list of... Read more >
In line with plans to do a little bit of an expansion, Be At One have established a second Covent Garden venue, their 20th bar in London - Be At One, Telephone Exchange. The new bar is be the first Be At One to offer a late night party in the West End. Be At One Telephone Exchange continues the... Read more >
Articles by month
- Daniel brothers open third vegetarian site in London's Marylebone
- Co-working just got cool with cocktails, DJs, Pilates and yoga at Shoreditch Platform
- London is getting a ball-pit bar. We repeat, London is getting.....a ball-pit bar.
- Ladybird Bar Angel - London Bar Reviews
- Bōkan set to please Canary Wharf's busy crowds with its idyllic roof terrace & sleek dining experience
- BYOC is finally bringing its 1920s style to East London
- Humble Grape Battersea - London Bar Review
- All Star Lanes Holborn - London Restaurant Bar Review
- The Astronomer - London Pub Review
- Mumford and Sons band member opens live music venue in railway arches
- Ray's Bars serves up a 3 course liquid dinner in new Dalston digs
- Absurd Bird Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Oslo Hackney - London Brunch Review
- We visit Mamalan as they launch their fifth home in Shoreditch
- The Camden Cabaret Club and House of Burlesque put on the ultimate Halloween show
- Quaglino's - London Restaurant Review
- Michelin-Starred chef to open Victorian grocery shop-style restaurant and deli in the City
- Get beating away in the kitchen with a semen cooking class
- The Simmons empire continues to grow, opening a new bar in London's Temple area
- All Star Lanes Brick Lane - London Restaurant Bar Review
- Organic, sustainable and ethically sourced eatery coming to the City.
- Cinnamon Group unveils plans for casual all-day dining in Covent Garden
- Backyard Cinema - London Pop-Up Review
- Legendary Neapolitan pizzeria opens restaurant in London's Stoke Newington
- Cute, kitsch and quirky bar Every Cloud brings a silver lining to Hackney bar scene.
- Savse Winter Wellness Weekend - London Event Review
- Goodman Group replaces Finsbury Park favourite with late-night bar
- Swift hopes to transform London's drinking habits with fast-paced cocktail concept
- Kurobuta King's Road - London Restaurant Review
- Popdown by Cuisson - London Pop-Up Review
- The Diner, The Strand - London Restaurant Review
- You can now chip and dip at the crisp restaurant in Soho
- Clove Club group announce new ‘Britalian’ restaurant in Clerkenwell
- Masked by a few old coats, a Narnia-themed supper club arrives in North London this January
- 5 Fancy Dress New Year's Eve Parties in London
- East London is getting a rooftop, curling pop-up this Winter
- The Jazz Cafe - London Restaurant Review
- Modern Japanese izakaya restaurant launches in Mayfair
- Dirty Bones Shoreditch - London Restaurant Review
- The quirky character of Simmons set to arrive in Camden (VENUE BUILD ON HOLD)
- Carve Your Own Pumpkins in London This Halloween with Our Top Picks
- Suvlaki Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Joe's Southern Table & Bar - London Restaurant Review
- London tops the list at The World's 50 Best Bars 2016 Awards
- There's a new pizza burger in London. Yes, yes there is.
- Former director of L'Atelier des Chefs serves South London succulent steaks at affordable prices
- Buddha Bar - London Restaurant Review
- The Long Bar at Sanderson Hotel - London Bar Review
- The Diner Covent Garden - London Restaurant Review
- Poultry and '60s cocktails are the name of the game for The Holy Birds in Shoreditch
- Comedy Carnival Clapham - London Event Review
- The Restaurant at Sanderson - London Restaurant Review
- Dine like a demogorgon: There's a new Stranger Things Menu at Lucky Chip
- Boxpark is opening in Croydon with more than 30 food stalls.
- Steak restaurant announces sixth site in Borough
- Wright Brothers Spitalfields - London Restaurant Review
- London's first ever tigella restaurant opens on New Oxford Street.
- Yoga with a View - London Event Review
- The Diner Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Dare to bare at London’s naked nightclub in Soho
- VQ Notting Hill - London Restaurant Review
- Belpassi Bros Tooting - London Restaurant Review
- Peruvian superfood and Pisco Sours come to Fitrovia corner-plot
- Blind Spot at St. Martin's Lane - London Bar Review
- Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Brunch We Go - London Event Review
- London's first pink pizza from Zia Lucia celebrates charity and experimentation
- Cocktail bigwig Oskar Klimaszewski to open his own Shoreditch bar.
- New Winter pop-up? Pergola On The Roof returns with a Nordic Forest theme
- The elegant Jamavar brand expands across borders, opening in London's Mayfair
- 5 Pretty Restaurants for Autumn in London
- Marco Pierre White Islington - London Restaurant Review
- Could Emilia's be London's hottest new pasta restaurant?
- The Brackenbury - London Restaurant Review
- The Den at St Martin's Lane - London Afternoon Tea Review
- Lobos secures second tapas restaurant in heralded Frith Street
- Grand old Islington pub restored with a modern twist.
- Levantine pop-up announces permanent site in South Kensington
- Chef David Muñoz brings his Michelin stars to London, opening Street XO in Mayfair
- Small plates with all the flavours of Italy are dish of the day at Popolo.
- 5 NYE Parties in London for Early Birds
- Tootoomoo Islington - London Restaurant Review
- Anchors Up as the London Shell Co. opens a floating restaurant on Regent's Canal
- Purple Bar Sanderson Hotel - London Bar Review
- Pared-back and low-key cocktails are in store for Dalston at Three Sheets.
- BRGR.Co Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Fish your dish? Celebrate Seafood Week with 5 great seafood restaurants in London.
- London's Grind franchise gets set for a new bar opening in Clerkenwell
- Would you pay £1000 for 100 dinner courses?
- Fine wine & delicious French treats meet at Cabotte in Bank
- New Delis Clerkenwell - London Restaurant Review
- Corazon appears on the horizon, moving into Soho's Poland Street
- All Star Lanes Bayswater - London Bowling Bar Review
- A new vegetable-geared restaurant in London that Popeye could be proud of
- BBQ specialists launch first permanent site with a ‘grown-up’ menu
- Peckham's pizza scene gets another name added to its repertoire
- The Bat and Ball - London Bar Review
- Walkers of Whitehall - London Restaurant Review
- The Game's Afoot - London Event Review
- Perilla couples fine cuisine with casual dining in Newington Green
- London's biggest brunch players get a new all-day restaurant at the Metal Box Factory