Down for the Count BIG BAND at The 100 Club
- The 100 Club
This August, join Down for the Count’s 18-piece Big Band at The 100 Club for a rare public performance!
Known throughout the UK and abroad for their fabulous 10-piece “mini big band” line up, Down for the Count are thrilled to present their sensational 18-piece Big Band at historic London music venue The 100 Club.
Featuring some of the UK’s top jazz musicians, the band brings the sound of the swing era back to life. Expect to hear authentic recreations of the music of Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, Chick Webb and Fletcher Henderson, alongside vocal songs from the likes of Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra.
Down for the Count regularly sell out venues such as Ronnie Scotts Jazz Club, Cadogan Hall, Le Caveau de la Huchette in Paris, and theatres throughout the UK – and this is a rare opportunity to listen and dance to their expanded Big Band line-up.
Dancers are welcome to grab a partner and head to the dancefloor, where they can Lindy hop the night away to the fantastic big band sounds.
Non-dancers are equally welcome – we will position chairs around the edge of the dancefloor for those who prefer to sit back and enjoy the show.
The bar will be open all night, and chargeable cloakroom facilities will be available.
We can’t wait to see you for a fabulous swinging night!
Doors open at 7.30pm, live music from 8pm
100, Oxford Street,Soho, W1D 1LL
Tottenham Court Road (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
7. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
8. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
9. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.